Vintage Letter B sketch question

BipBippadotta

Reaction score
There is a cartoon where the Letter B is skywritten over the horizon at a beach and there is a part of that sketch that I can't make out. The part goes I am Billy B B and I am (_____) . Does anyone know what he says?
My real name also starts with B as does my username.

Also I am still looking for anyone willing to let me download old sketches with Bip in them. If anyone is cool with this let me know.

SesameMike

Reaction score
Was this the one in which two families meet at the beach?

One family was named Bebe and the other (I think) Bosco or Barker. The "heads" of each family hadn't met since second grade. The cartoon consisted mostly of greetings by family members whose first names all begin with B

"Hi Bobby Bebe, Mrs. Bebe", "I'm Billy Bebe, and I'm fine!"

BipBippadotta

Reaction score
Yep that's the one. The Barkers and the BeeBee's. It doesn't sound like Billy says I'm fine.

Sesame Street sketches are very trippy (don't do drugs).

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Hi Billy B-B

This might be quite a stretch of the imagination, but I think Billy B-B said "Hi, I'm Billy B-B, and I'm Bi!" And my seven-year-old brain interpreting that to mean bi-lingual, so Billy could speak both English and Spanish. Cool! In today's society, "Bi" could have other connotations. It's probably just as well this clip hasn't been seen in ages, since some parents or caregivers might have a bit of trouble trying to explain "Bi" to little ones.

As far as I remember, all the people on the beach are too busy introducing themseleves to each other, they don't notice the sun going down and the screen fading to black.

Xerus

Reaction score
I remember that classic beach cartoon. :smile: And I always wondered if that was Alphabet Ace writing that B in the sky.

BipBippadotta

Reaction score
fuzzygobo said:
This might be quite a stretch of the imagination, but I think Billy B-B said "Hi, I'm Billy B-B, and I'm Bi!" And my seven-year-old brain interpreting that to mean bi-lingual, so Billy could speak both English and Spanish. Cool! In today's society, "Bi" could have other connotations. It's probably just as well this clip hasn't been seen in ages, since some parents or caregivers might have a bit of trouble trying to explain "Bi" to little ones.

As far as I remember, all the people on the beach are too busy introducing themseleves to each other, they don't notice the sun going down and the screen fading to black.

Yeah, that is what I thought he said to. Then again Sesame Street is a show that teaches us to be Bi um Lingual. :wink:

Soul H

Reaction score
I think Billy Beebee was saying that he was five.