1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Visit to JHC HQ

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Hat Sharpener, Dec 15, 2003.

1. Hat Sharpener

Hat Sharpener New Member

I'm going to be in NYC tomorrow on a whim, and it will probably be my last time before moving to the west coast. I was therefore going to try to make it to 117 East 69th and poke around the lobby before it is sold.

I read about Quinn's amazing trip, but am wondering if anyone else has had good experiences there as well. I was planning on just nipping in to the lobby to see the mural, bow in praise a couple times and excuse myself. But if I'm in the right place at the right time like Quinn, it would be so awesome...

Anyone else had good luck like Quinn? Any advice? Anyone been thrown out on their ear? And is that the right idiomatic expression?

- Derek

2. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Derek,

If you can, try to take a camera if possible. It would be nice to have as many visuals as possible since the building will be closed in the near future. (If you are able to take any pics, please e-mail me.)

In a small way, we all will be going with you and "Saying Goodbye" together.

3. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

As far as I know, just the employees not going to California...

4. Luke

Luke Active Member

LOL ... should be easy to get in there now - forget the camera, take a tape measure instead and start sizing the place up with a critical eye ! :halo:

5. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Such an odd time to be a fan if youre rich...you can buy the Electric Mayhem bus, the JHC HQ building, heck the whole company!

6. mupvisiongirl

mupvisiongirl New Member

I wish I was rich! *asking Santa for a few million dollars* :halo:

7. Luke

Luke Active Member

Yeah, what's Michael Jackson up to nowadays ... oh yeah, he's a bit busy right now I guess. :o

8. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

I don't think I'd like MJ to get his hands on the EM bus, personally. Mainly because I want the thing!

9. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

"thing" could mean: 1) the EM Bus, or 2) Michael Jackson (because Lord only knows what it's become anymore).

10. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

The EM bus. NOT MJ!!! LOL.

11. Hat Sharpener

Hat Sharpener New Member

No go...

Well, things fell through for the trip to New York today. Will try again in Early January... I'll definitely post photos if I get there.

- Derek

12. In the summer of 2000 I had the privilege of visiting the Townhouse, as my dad recounts, "Barging in like the tourists we were with cameras blazing". So as the gracious secretary can testify, I've got a buch of shots of the lobby that I'd be willing to post (if that's not illegal or anything). Unfortunately, at the moment the computer that has capture capability for my camcorder doesn't have internet access. But tomorrow I'll see if I can put some pics on CD and bring them up. I'll try posting a link on this section tomorrow.