1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Vivendi acquires Genius properties (SS one of them)

Discussion in 'Sesame Merchandise' started by Drtooth, Sep 15, 2009.

1. Drtooth Well-Known Member

news

They are planning to still released SS DVDs... at least as far as the press release states. I don't know of any changes to any prior releases, and the press statement doesn't say anything negatively affecting the 40th anniversary set...

but I still think this is a heads up we need to be aware of.
  2. minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I've never heard of Vivendi.
  3. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Apparently they're the distributor for Shout factory's stuff... I felt this was pretty important as Genius was the longtime distributor of Sesame Street DVD's when Sony Wonder bottomed out.
  4. minor muppetz Well-Known Member

That could be a good sign. Shout! has released box sets of many cult shows, with good helpings of special features... Maybe there'll be more boxed sets of classic Sesame Street episodes.
  5. dwmckim Well-Known Member

...and among the box sets that Shout had put out are the Electric Company dvds (also by Children's Television Workshop aka Sesame Workshop)...in between that and the simple fact that the Sesame DVD's are a hot property that is a major strength of Genius (and let's face it, Vivendi purchased them because of all the things Genius had to offer and they wanted in on that action), i'd say SST fans have nada to worry about. Might turn out even BETTER.
  6. Drtooth Well-Known Member

I would never have thought anything negative would happen here... it IS Sesame Street after all, and people still buy those Elmo DVD's.

I'm sure they'd probably give SW an arm twist or two for some old school like sets of classic footage... or even just more of what Genius was doing... putting classic footage one to DVD's.