VMX on DVD (again)

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Apparently NBC is releasing VMX again but, the cover is uglier than the A Special Sesame Street Christmas cover.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
This may be off-topic, but I'm not altogether partial to the abbreviation acronym "VMX" for this particular Muppet production.

First of all, "VMX" sounds like it's the name of a bicycle or motorcycle brand.
Secondly, it omits one of the two middle "M"'s.
VMX = Very Merry Christmas, or
VMX = Very Muppet Christmas.

If we're going to limit Muppet production abbreviation acronyms to four letters at the most, i.e.: TMTM, The Muppets Take Manhattan; then it should be "VMMC" or "VMMX" for Very Merry Muppet Christmas, depending on whether you're the type of person who represents Christmas with a "C" for the word "Christmas" or an "X" for the "Christ"-part of Christmas.

Personally, I'd go with VMMCM for Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie, but I can live with VMMC just as well. :wisdom:

Muppet Master

Reaction score
The cover isn't showing up, but I'm assuming it's this.

It's seems like it's a trend these days to re-release family movies on DVD, with one character on the DVD cover, I see a ton of those particulary with Blue Sky Studios and Dreamworks at Walmart. It looks nice enough though, but I know there's nothing know on it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
This may be off-topic, but I'm not altogether partial to the abbreviation acronym "VMX" for this particular Muppet production.

First of all, "VMX" sounds like it's the name of a bicycle or motorcycle brand.
Secondly, it omits one of the two middle "M"'s.
VMX = Very Merry Christmas, or
VMX = Very Muppet Christmas.

If we're going to limit Muppet production abbreviation acronyms to four letters at the most, i.e.: TMTM, The Muppets Take Manhattan; then it should be "VMMC" or "VMMX" for Very Merry Muppet Christmas, depending on whether you're the type of person who represents Christmas with a "C" for the word "Christmas" or an "X" for the "Christ"-part of Christmas.

Personally, I'd go with VMMCM for Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie, but I can live with VMMC just as well. :wisdom:
It was IAVMMCM (for IT'S A VERY MERRY MUPPET CHRISTMAS MOVIE) for the longest time, but I guess that was too much for people to type out if they felt lazy, so it ended up being shortened to you VMX.

But what about THE MUPPETS' WIZARD OF OZ? That's another one with multiple acronyms that nobody can seem to decide on; we've got:
MWO = Muppets Wizard Oz
MWoO = Muppets Wizard of Oz
MOZ = Muppets of Zanzibar (I guess?)

It seems like if the movie or show's title consists of more than three words (and that's omitting "The") then there seems to be some disagreement over what the official abbreviation should be. Case in point:
TMM = The Muppet Movie
GMC = Great Muppet Caper
MTM = Muppets Take Manhattan (but also happens to be the name of Mary Tyler Moore's production company)
FTB = Follow That Bird
JHH = Jim Henson Hour
MCC = Muppet Christmas Carol
MTI = Muppet Treasure Island
MFS = Muppets from Space
EIG = Elmo in Grouchland
KSY = Kermit's Swamp Years
MMW = Muppets Most Wanted

Then, of course, we have exceptions where a title with two words in it are easily abbreviated with just two letters. Case in point:
SS = Sesame Street (though, some also like to abbreviate it SST, I guess because St. is short for street)
DC = Dark Crystal
FR = Fraggle Rock
MT = Muppets Tonight

Come to think of it, what's the official abbreviations for THE MUPPETS (2011) and THE MUPPETS (2015)? :confused:

rexcrk

Reaction score
Easy pass lol. I've already bought this movie three times; the original disc, the release to have it in widescreen, and the Blu-ray :stick_out_tongue: