Voices in Count it Higher Song

camillachick

Reaction score
I have the song itself on tape and am going crazy trying to place all the voices to muppet performers as they sing 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, You went and counted higher! If you know which voices are who OR can tell me which numbers are sung more than once by the same puppet OR know what performers would have been working on sesame street at the time so I at least have a selection to choose from PLEASE let me know. I think Richard Hunt is in there and I am sure 3 is sung by Jerry Nelson. Also 8 is the lead singer asking us to count it higher who I think is Little Chrissy. (real name?)

Frogster

Reaction score
I've always wondered who played that lead singer.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
I heard Jeff Moss (first Alphabeat) and Chris Cerf (Chrissy).

camillachick

Reaction score
Do you know which numbers Jeff Moss sings when they count to ten? I have only the audio version, not the TV skit.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
voice credits

I met Christopher Cerf, and to the best of his recollection, he told me Jerry Nelson, Jeff Moss, and Richard Hunt helped him singing this song. He played the piano and sang on the soundtrack, but Jim did all the puppet work. He says his memory is a little hazy, but then again, how much do YOU still remember from 1972?

He came back to do his Chrissy and the Alphabeats role a number of times, but this was the first. :big_grin:

camillachick

Reaction score
Wow you met him? Did this happen like just today on the street or what?Did you learn anything else cool from this meeting? I must tell you that you are right about the difficulty remembering so long ago. I remember nothing at all from 1972, but then I was born in 1981. Thanks for your help with the voices, I feel better hearing the song now.

ssetta

Reaction score
I don't know him personally, but I HAVE talked to him on the phone several times, and he is a very overly friendly man. We haven't talked in AGES, but we should soon. I have always loved his work, and it has always been one of my favorite things about Sesame Street. He even told me that they stopped asking him to write stuff was because of Michael Loman, the executive producer who took over in 1993, and left in 2002. Michael Loman was never a big fan of rock and roll music, but he liked broadway musicals and show tunes. Because of that, after 1993, they stopped having him sing on the show, which I miss very much.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Chris did write a few things for the show from 1993-2002. "B.B. King" is one of them.

I think that the recent credits don't list Michael Loman, so maybe that's why SS is going back to its old roots for the past few seasons.

And for camillachick: I think Jeff sang 1, 4, 7, and 9.