Vote in my online awards show - The Pointless Awards!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I'm planning on making a YouTube video called "The Pointless Awards", and I'm letting the public vote. On my YouTube channel I have already posted several short videos announcing the categories and nominees.
Here's one of ten such videos:

If you have a YouTube account, I prefer that you put in your vote in the comments section there, but if you don't have a YouTube account I'll be okay if you vote here (I trust that those of you who have accounts here and on YouTube won't secretly vote at both places under different identities). Voting will end on August 21, 2013, and I don't know exactly when I'll make The Pointless Awards video. But as long as nothing happens to me to prevent it or nothing happens to my laptop or YouTube channel then it should come online after August 21 (I hope to get it online by September).

Anyway, here are the nominations.

Best Awards Show
*The Oscar's
*The Emmy's
*The Grammy's
*Kids' Choice Awards

Most Annoying Sound
*nails on a chalkboard
*dogs barking
*kids screaming
*Justin Bieber music

Best Word Mispronunciation
*spaghetti as pasghetti
*supposed as 'upposed
*stupid as doopid
*mispronounce as midpronounce

Best Kind of Car
*big cars
*small cars
*topless cars (Convertibles)
*green cars

Best Movie from the 1980s
*Zapped
*Teen Wolf
*Superman III
*Fright Night

Best Movie from the 1990s
*Three Men and a Little Lady
*Baby's Day Out
*Born to be Wild
*Patch Adams

Best Movie from the 2000s
*Master of Disguise
*Epic Movie
*Scary Movie 3
*Final Destinatiom

Best TV Theme Song
*Eight is Enough
*Too Close for Comfort
*Daniel Boone
*Rugrats

Best Category NOT in the Pointless Awards
*Best Rubber Raft
*Best High School Basketball Team
*Best Whistle
*Best Shout-Out

Should the Pointless Awards be an Honor or an Embarrassment?
*Honor
*Embarrassment

I'm not asking for you to vote in every category, but it would be great to get some votes. I've had the nomination videos up for a few days, and so far the only votes I got were write-in votes (don't really want to count write-ins). The whole thing may be ridiculous, meaningless, and pointless, but it's something I'm taking very seriously (because it's so funny to do so).

Also, seriously, should being nominate for and winning in The Pointless Awards be considered an honor or embarrassment? I can't quite decide. Most of the pop culture nominations are things people generally dislike or don't care much about (though some of it is stuff that I like, and some stuff I haven't even seen).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well, there's just one more week to vote. So far this awards show hasn't gotten any votes (aside from write-in votes).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well, voting ended a few days ago, and nobody voted. Not here, not on facebook or twitter, not in the comments section of the nomination videos (well, one user did post some write-in votes regarding the pop culture categories, but I'm not counting those).

But just because nobody voted doesn't mean I didn't make the main Pointless Awards videos. Of course this most likely means there won't be a second (at least not from me). I ended up picking the votes. I wasn't going to do that (after all, I did the nominations, so it wouldn't be real fair), but then as I was shooting I suddenly decided to vote last-minute (and after the deadline).

Anyway, enjoy The Pointless Awards.