1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

VOTE "THE MUPPET SHOW" NOW!

Discussion in 'On the Web' started by MuppetDanny, May 11, 2005.

1. MuppetDanny

MuppetDanny Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

I was just browsing the web and television channel ITV is celebrating 50yrs In September, and ITV wants YOU to vote for the top ITV show of all time. The Muppets are just one of the conpetitors.

Simply vote at : itv50vote.com

VOTE FOR THE MUPPETS! :D

2. Harvey Towers

Harvey Towers Active Member

Voted:

An Audience with...
    Heartbeat
    The Muppet Show
    Spitting Image
    This is Your Life

Extra Choice: Knightmare
  3. DanDanStrawberry

DanDanStrawberry Active Member

I voted Coronation Street, Footballers Wives, TMS, Ant and Dec and Pop Idol.
  4. HPDJ

HPDJ Member

Vote Muppets!!!

VOTE MUPPETS!!! Forget Pop Idol, SMTV and Tiswas! VOTE MUPPETS!!!
  5. MuppetDanny

Thanks guys for voting, please vote if you haven't already :)
  6. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

You have to vote for five shows, and I'm only aware of The Muppet Show, The Benny Hill Show, and Who Wants To Be A Millionaire... I'm assuming this is a UK thing? What shows beside TMS should I vote for? And what happens if TMS wins? And why did they spell "Your" wrong? (Cast Yor Vote!)
  7. Manda:-D

Manda:-D New Member

I COULD make a joke a/b the British. Y'know, like how they write "colour", and "flavour", but apparently it's "yor." But I won't do that. ;)
  8. Harvey Towers

Harvey Towers Active Member

Well Spitting Image was a satirical show with puppets which Louise Gold I believe worked on as a puppeteer if anyone wants to vote for that because of the Muppet Link.

Oh, and if you would all write "Knightmare" - a brilliant children's show of the late 8os/early 90s in the box where you input an extra show then I and some of my associates from another forum would be very grateful!

Oh, and ITV put the "U" in Television, I believe.
  9. MuppetDanny

Louise also provided the voice for The Queen just for 1 season, also a lot of the Muppet Show crew members worked on Spitting Image.

In fact Jim could have been apart of the show too...... read on
  10. DanDanStrawberry

DanDanStrawberry Active Member

SM:tv was on that list? Oh darn!!
  11. Skekayuk

Skekayuk Member

Excuse me,
    Louise Gold was Spitting Image's original Leading Puppeteer, for Season 1 - Nigel Plaskit took over when Louise decided not to do season 2. However, Louise did return to Spitting Image, as a puppeteer & voice artiste in subsequent seasons, she was certainly there on Season 3, and on and off for quite a time after that (for example she worked on Season 9). Its quite possible she may have voiced The Queen on occassion in subsequent seasons.
    If you're interested, you may want to check out the following URL about Spitting Image in general and Louise Gold's notable contribution to that programem in particular: http://www.qsulis.demon.co.uk/Website_Louise_Gold/Spitting_Image.htm

Hope that helps
    Emma
  12. That Announcer

That Announcer New Member

I voted:

An Audience With...
    TMS
    Who Wants To Be A Millionaire
    Benny Hill
    Coronation Street
  13. MuppetDanny

Just to let you all know that the voting is now over and ITV.com says :
    so all we have to do now is wait and see how The Muppets have done.

good luck "The Muppet Show"!
  14. Ernie101

Ernie101 Active Member

Good luck, I never got to vote.. but I'm interested to see the results..

When do they come out?
  15. Vibs

Vibs New Member

Would have voted Muppets if I hadn't been too late.... *sniff*... Oh well, I hope The Muppets will win this thing!!!
  16. MuppetDanny

Will "The Muppet Show" win? Find out :
  17. MuppetDanny

To UK Fans

Be sure to check out all kinds of Tv guides ("RadioTimes", "TVTimes", "ect") this week as The Muppets are featured. Unfortunately all the TV guides use the same picture. The overused "MFS" era Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie & Animal picture from the "Music, Mayhem and More" Rhino CD. However one or two magazines did use a picture with Elton John and another magazine with Kermit in "news reporter" outfit from the "Liza Minelli" episode :)
  18. MuppetDanny

To UK Fans Additional

Watch out for a trailer for the show as Kermit appears in it on ITV :)
  19. MuppetDanny

"The Muppet Show" just came in 8th place :excited:

Congrats The Muppets!! :)