Vote!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well i know American's are going to wise up and vote for McCain. I know your aginst the War so much but do you really want America to come home in defeat with our tails betewn our legs. The things going on in Iraq are getting better, and if you ask anyone over there serving they will tell you they just need more time. Mcain fought in war, and was a POW he knows how to deal with our troops.

Do you have someone over in Iraq fighting? If you do i could understand why your so unhappy with the war, but if not then why is it bothering you so much? I really think the US being over in Iraq is good and is going to keep the terrioures at bay.

Redsonga

Reaction score
In terms about how the rest of the world views the US I think true defeat was long ago. There comes a time when you just have to admit you did more things wrong than right and clean up after yourself :stick_out_tongue:. It takes hundreds of years and more money than we will ever have to truly 'win' a war against an idea IMHO :frown:.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I think it's pretty much over, but that doesn't mean parties from both sides shouldn't get out and vote for their candidates! It's not really over until all the votes are in and complacency on both sides can cause a candidate to lose.

My issues are the boosting the economy, keeping the government from limiting my personal freedoms :zany::zany: and raising our country's standing abroad. I feel this all requires a fresh perspective, but I also understand why people would vote for the other guy. Either choice is an enormous step up from the one we have. I had higher hopes for the current regime back in 2000 and have, like most Americans, been left feeling angry, disappointed and misled.

I just confirmed my voting status to ease things along tomorrow. Requirements vary from state to state so make certain you have all the required documentation. It isn't much for me in California. And make certain to leave all buttons and propaganda at home. The law requires voting areas to be void of influence.

Also, hey...don't forget about local offices and propositions - especially if you consider yourself to be nonpartisan! There is no need to write a blank check of support to either party. I suggest everybody take a minute and pull up their practice ballots online and make a cheat sheet for tomorrow. It will speed things along and give you much more confidence in your choices!

:attitude:
Happy voting all!

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Oh Lord, McCain keeps rising in the polls, Obama keeps falling, they're predicting McCain might have victory...

I swear, if McCain wins the election, I am deserting this country; after all Bush has done TO (not for, TO) this country, and McCain have identical ideals and ideas, America WILL be a thing of the past.

I DO NOT WANT ANOTHER FOUR YEARS OF BUSH!
I plan to lock myself in my room and cry for awhile if McCain wins ;____; Maybe I'm being dramatic but this whole election has me so stressed out.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Things won't get better for this country until the two party system we have now is broken, or at least rehauled. That's all there is to it. It's not a democracy when the only two choices we really have are the candidates with the most money.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
How can you say that America is defeated over in Iraq? Fox news was over there two weeks ago and showed the progress over in Iraq. Now that does not mean that things are at 100% over there but they are a whole lot better. They just need a little more time, and suport from us back home. If we don't support our troops then who will England or Japan?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
How can you say that America is defeated over in Iraq? Fox news was over there two weeks ago and showed the progress over in Iraq. Now that does not mean that things are at 100% over there but they are a whole lot better. They just need a little more time, and suport from us back home. If we don't support our troops then who will England or Japan?
Our government says "support our troops" yet the medical care given to soldiers when they come back to the states is beyond abysmal.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I think it's pretty much over, but that doesn't mean parties from both sides shouldn't get out and vote for their candidates! It's not really over until all the votes are in and complacency on both sides can cause a candidate to lose.

My issues are the boosting the economy, keeping the government from limiting my personal freedoms :zany::zany: and raising our country's standing abroad. I feel this all requires a fresh perspective, but I also understand why people would vote for the other guy. Either choice is an enormous step up from the one we have. I had higher hopes for the current regime back in 2000 and have, like most Americans, been left feeling angry, disappointed and misled.

I just confirmed my voting status to ease things along tomorrow. Requirements vary from state to state so make certain you have all the required documentation. It isn't much for me in California. And make certain to leave all buttons and propaganda at home. The law requires voting areas to be void of influence.

Also, hey...don't forget about local offices and propositions - especially if you consider yourself to be nonpartisan! There is no need to write a blank check of support to either party. I suggest everybody take a minute and pull up their practice ballots online and make a cheat sheet for tomorrow. It will speed things along and give you much more confidence in your choices!

:attitude:
Happy voting all!
This was a good post Jamie, thank you! I think the most important thing is - vote. Just vote. That is all that matters, no matter what your views - you just need to vote!

Great suggestions on making a cheat sheet too, I think I just might do that.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I plan to lock myself in my room and cry for awhile if McCain wins ;____; Maybe I'm being dramatic but this whole election has me so stressed out.
I don't blame you. Things have been so messed up in this country for so long. And each candidate will bring his own problems with him. :wink:

Voting is important and I vote for the issues I care about. But I won't vote for people I think will only make things worse. And if that means both candidates, so be it.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
This was a good post Jamie, thank you! I think the most important thing is - vote. Just vote. That is all that matters, no matter what your views - you just need to vote!

Great suggestions on making a cheat sheet too, I think I just might do that.
I live by "cheat sheets" for everything from grocery lists to my gym routine. I don't often use them but they're there if I get lost. Ballots can make things appear confusing to even the most educated people - that is why it is important to be informed on the individual initiatives. Too much of the time voters actually sign "yes" to something when they mean "no" or vice-versa.