Wabbit: The new Looney Tunes series

Drtooth

Reaction score
That new Scooby series somehow looks like a Seth MacFarline parody of some sort when the characters are in action. I don't know if that's intentional or not.

I'm keeping an open mind with this one. I've seen bad Scooby shows before, and they're usually the ones that go off formula. The Scrappy cartoons where they're just running away from someone Scrappy agitated, for example. And while I have to admit, I enjoyed "Get a Clue" for the villains and the twist ending, they could have done the show with any characters and it would have been exactly the same.

I'm looking more forward to the announced, but not yet scheduled, Lego Scooby-Doo specials.

Erine81981

Reaction score
SHUT UP! There's going to be a LEGO TV Special? AWESOME!!!! Can't wait now. I need my Scooby Doooooooooooooooo!!!!

I did finally get to see a couple of the Wabbit shorts and they were pretty funny. The ones I saw were; St. Bugs and the Dragon, Leaf It Alone, White House Wabbit and Bugsbarian. They were all pretty funny. I did like the Wile E Coyote one and the Bugsbarian one were my favorites so far.

I to will give the new Scooby Doo show a change before I shove it to the side. Really I haven't ever had a Scooby Doo show I haven't hated. It would have to be something to throw me off to hate any of the shows. Something that either didn't go with the actual show.

Drtooth

Reaction score
SHUT UP! There's going to be a LEGO TV Special? AWESOME!!!! Can't wait now. I need my Scooby Doooooooooooooooo!!!!
They're planned. They said movies and TV specials. Warner Bros is basically Lego's media partner, so I wouldn't be surprised to see something around the same capacity of the Justice League specials and movies. They have like 2 of them a year. I can foresee a video game, even though one's not announced. In the meantime, Lego's Youtube channel has a few shorts with the characters, most of them with the current Scooby voice actors (a couple non-verbal ones with sound-a-like grunts for foreign markets too).

Looks like Bigfoot's getting no love. He's comfortably in the Scrappy category on TVTropes. I can't really blame them. His cartoons aren't that funny, and the first one was too much exposition. They really have been the weakest of the show so far.

Loved the doppelganger episode. They really cut that old trope down to size by nipping it in the bud at the beginning of the cartoon...only to have Bugs do the same thing to Sam.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Not rully that impressed with Wabbit so far. Saw the shorts on Tuesday: St. Bugs and The Dragon was predictable, the one with Wile E. Coyote took me a while to figure out that was him, and the only thing that made me sort of laugh was Sam trying to rob/get on or into the internet. And they repeated the first of those two shorts on Friday. So I'll give this a pass.

As for Be Cool Scooby-Doo, I'll watch because I'm a Scooby fan, I need my buddy to send me the photos we took in New Orleans last year which includes a replica of the Mystery Machine at the NOLA Convention Center as part of WWE's AXESS.
Thought that series was going to be a follow-up to Mystery Incorporated as the gang drives cross-country to meet the new Mr. E in the rewritten Crystal Cove universe. *Shrugs.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Nah. The rewritten universe was essentially the original Scooby-Doo cartoon. The goofy music cue and laugh track at the end were the tip off.

As far as Scooby goes, it's weird to see they keep certain things in canon. What's New Scooby-Doo, Mystery Inc, and the first 2 live action movies pretty much say that A Pup Named Scooby-Doo is canon to all of them. But all 3 play out differently as to how. Clearly the one off series aren't. I have to admit, I'm disappointed they couldn't have worked Dr. Phibes into Mystery Inc as different canon. Of all the things that show screwed up, the villain was actually kinda fun.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Funny you say that since I'm following a story on fanfiction.net titled Old Meets New which is basically the original SD gang brought into the Mystery Incorporated universe working as two teams towards the eventual showdown with Nabiru. The one thing I only sort of disagree with but let slide is Norville's switch in personality due to the trigger word "Bad" from Legend of the Phantosaur. Also, I should mention I haven't watched the new movies from Phantosaur onwards because I'm selfishly holding out until either CN or Boomerang airs Zombie Island to watch all 24 in chronological order.

mr3urious

Reaction score
As weak as the Bigfoot shorts are, I find the character to be more tolerable if I see him like Cheese from Foster's Home: a "special" individual who nonetheless admires the protagonist like a brother (or should I say brother lady? :big_grin:).

Erine81981

Reaction score
They're planned. They said movies and TV specials. Warner Bros is basically Lego's media partner, so I wouldn't be surprised to see something around the same capacity of the Justice League specials and movies. They have like 2 of them a year. I can foresee a video game, even though one's not announced. In the meantime, Lego's Youtube channel has a few shorts with the characters, most of them with the current Scooby voice actors (a couple non-verbal ones with sound-a-like grunts for foreign markets too).

Looks like Bigfoot's getting no love. He's comfortably in the Scrappy category on TVTropes. I can't really blame them. His cartoons aren't that funny, and the first one was too much exposition. They really have been the weakest of the show so far.

Loved the doppelganger episode. They really cut that old trope down to size by nipping it in the bud at the beginning of the cartoon...only to have Bugs do the same thing to Sam.
That's really cool. I have seen those shorts you're talking about on the LEGO YouTube Channel. I really enjoyed them. I know that there is an Animated Movie coming to Theaters sometime soon. I really hope they do a good job in that.

I still haven't seen any of the Bigfoot shorts from Wabbit yet but hopefully soon. As we speak (write) I'm transfuring some of the last few episode of Mystery Incorporated to another DVD. I had them already recorded but my DVD record isn't working or should say works when there's a full moon in the sky. But getting them put to another disc.

Drtooth

Reaction score
As weak as the Bigfoot shorts are, I find the character to be more tolerable if I see him like Cheese from Foster's Home: a "special" individual who nonetheless admires the protagonist like a brother (or should I say brother lady? :big_grin:).
I find Cheese a weird case of the creators purposely trying to make the most unlikable annoying character possible, and that rare case where he's absolutely hated in-universe. I kinda like the character, actually, as an agent of chaos. Like the one where they're locked out of the house because they were trying to keep him out. Bigfoot's trying to be endearingly stupid and we're supposed to sympathize with him to not be caught by the 23/19 guys. And I think the character could work if they dialed that down that hyperactive dumbmness a bit. I don't necessarily hate the character, but he's a little weak, as are episodes so far starring him. I'd say Bugs works better when he has to protect Squeaks. It feels like Bugs feels sorry for Bigfoot and barely tolerates him because Bigfoot lying unconscious on a dissection table would be on his conscience, while he genuinely bonded with Squeaks and makes any beef between Squeaks and someone else his business. The level of anger in Bugs's facial expressions when something happens to his squirrel friend is actually kinda touching. Maybe it's too many episodes of Kinnikuman and One Piece and stuff like that, but I'm a sucker for a hero, especially a usually goofy or comedic one enraged by the plight of his friends about to deliver a serious buttkicking.

That's really cool. I have seen those shorts you're talking about on the LEGO YouTube Channel. I really enjoyed them. I know that there is an Animated Movie coming to Theaters sometime soon. I really hope they do a good job in that.
Before this turns into the Scooby-Doo thread, I have concerns about an animated theatrical movie being successful. Yes. Spongebob proved that even a 15+ year old cartoon can make modestly successful bucks as a theatrical film, Scooby has something Spongebob doesn't. And that's mainly 2 or 3 DTV movies a year. I'd worry about a theatrical film competing with all those Scooby DTV's. I'd be in line for the tickets in a heart beat opening weekend, myself. Bet a lot of other Scooby fans would too. I'd just wonder about the more casual movie goer.

Weird thing is, if anyone looks up the HB ride that used to be in Universal on YT, H&B pretty much said in the opening of the ride that they were planning Flintstones and Scooby-Doo movies after The Jetsons. If that movie succeeded, we probably would have had that Scooby film by now. And they probably would have replaced Daphne's voice actress with some long forgotten pop star.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
There's something kinda confusing me about the violence they can show. There's some stuff that happens off-screen, but there's plenty they can show.

For example, in Tuesday's ep, Yosemite Sam gets his face scrubbed out with a belt sander, crushed by a serpentine belt, and beat up by a wrestler, but him getting bit by a snake is done off-screen.