Wacky Races!

Beauregard

Reaction score
"....and now here they are!!!!
The most daredevil group of daffy drivers to ever whirl their wheels in the Wacky Races.
Competing for the title of worlds wackiest racer.
The cars are approaching the starting line.
First, is the Turbo Terrific driven by Peter Perfect.
Next is Rufus Ruffcut and Sawtooth in the Buzzwagon.
Manoeuvring for position is the Army Surplus Special.
Right behind is the Ant Hill Mob in their Bullet Proof Bomb.
Then there's ingenious inventor Pat Pending in his Convert-A-Car.
Oh! Here's the lovely Penelope Pitstop, the glamour gal of the gas pedal.
Next we have the Bouldermobile with the Slag Brothers, Rock & Gravel.
Lurching along is the Creepy Coupe with the Gruesome Twosome, and right on their tail is the Red Max.
And there's the Arkansas Chug-A-Bug with Luke & Blubber Bear.
Sneaking along last is that Mean Machine with those double dealing do-badders Dick Dastardly and his sidekick, Muttley."

So, what to we think of the Wacky Races? Any fans? Persoanlly I love them to bits, so fun-nie!

Bea:zany:{And I said, look Muttley, why are you cringing?}an:eek:{*boink*}ce

Luke

Reaction score
I love Wacky Races, Dastardly and Mutley being my faves. Are these on DVD yet?

Beauregard

Reaction score
I am not sure. I have about half the ep.s on video.

Indeed Dast and Mutt are the best, but I also love Pat Pending with his Convert-a-Car, Penelope Pitstop, and, of course, Peter Perfect "Have you noticed, my car does not have a scratch* *car falls apart*

*Heh heh heh heh herh* (And that's as close as I can get to Muttley's laugh... :wink:

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Wacky Races & Laffalympics.I'm surprised anyone remembers back that far.My roomie & I were just talking about this the other day. I had the plastic Laffalympics lunchbox.:smirk:

Klonoa

Reaction score
You know how they have season box sets of Flintstones and Jetsons on DVD? In October they're coming out with a box set of Wacky Races. That's SO mine!

Laff-Olympics was a competitive sports style show with various Hanna Barbera characters in teams. There was the Yogi Yahooies, the Scooby...uh, forgot the name of the team, and the Dirty Rottens, a team of H-B villians. I didn't like it as much as Wacky Races.

My three most favorite H-B cartoons are Wacky Races, Top Cat, and the Pac-Man cartoon. I know for a fact the Wacky Races DVD is coming, I've heard a Top Cat DVD is in the works. Don't think we'll ever see a Pac-Man cartoon DVD, though. Oh well!

--Klonoa
There's a few Wacky Races video games if anyone wants me to talk about those.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Ooooh, yes. I wanted to get the video game, but I don't have anything to play it on...d'oh!

So, is it any good? (I'm persuming you have a copy) Do you get to shift into dragon power, get-a-way power, stilt-power?

What happens? How do you play? Who? Tell me all.

Klonoa

Reaction score
Well, on the Nintendo Entertainment System, there was a Wacky Races game that was, oddly enough, a 2-D platformer (like Super Mario). It starred Muttley and you had to hop and bop your way through the levels, and the bosses were the other racers in their cars.

I think there was a Wacky Races video game on the 3DO in Japan, but I don't know anything about it.

Most recent Wacky Races games were on the Game Boy Color, Sega Dreamcast (and also for PS2 in Europe). These were bonafide racing games. You could pick from all the racers, and you really could use dragon power, getaway power, etc. Played a lot like Mario Kart.

--Klonoa
Before he passed away, I got to meet Don Messick. He said he could do Muttley's laugh better when he used to smoke!