1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Wake Up with Kermit & Target

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by GelflingWaldo, Nov 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

Source: http://muppetnewsflash.blogspot.com/2005/11/wake-up-with-kermit-target.html

It’s that time of year again – the post-Thanksgiving holiday shopping rush.

Target stores, which will open at 6 a.m. on the Friday after Thanksgiving, is once again offering to help their shoppers get out of bed to get to their sales with a special wake-up call. Consumers can go to the Target Wake-up website and sign up for a free, pre-recorded wake-up call from celebrities – this year’s list of big name callers include Kermit the Frog (Steve Whitmire), model Carolyn Murphy, and country singer Brad Paisley.

Along with signing up for a wake-up call from Kermit, you can visit the Target Wake-up website to watch the 5 delightfully entertaining “Target wake-up call” commercials that feature Kermit the Frog eating flies, playing banjo, and singing a lullaby (look in the “Watch the Films” section). You can also download an exclusive Quicktime video featuring Kermit singing himself to sleep in the “Download free stuff” section. Be sure to check them out, they are fun, entertaining, a real treat for Kermit fans.

So surf over to the Target website and sign up for a call from Kermit (currently Kermit has had the most wake-up calls lined-up for with over 40% of the registered calls). The wake-up calls (which you can get for the one-day sale, or the two-day sale) are free and easy to do (just pick your caller – I recommend Kermit – and then enter your phone number and call time). So if you’re planning on shopping at Target (and even if you’re not), be sure to check out the website (and if you want, sign up for a call from Kermit).

Source: http://muppetnewsflash.blogspot.com/2005/11/wake-up-with-kermit-target.html

2. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

AWESOME!! Already registered!!

3. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

OMG those were hilarious!

I especially love when Brad Paisley said "I got nothin'", then Kermit: "I didn't think so".

Great stuff, signed up for my call from Kermit!

:)

4. Erine81981

Erine81981 Well-Known Member

I liked them but can you download them to your computer or not?

5. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

You can download a Quicktime video featuring Kermit singing himself to sleep in the “Download free stuff” section.

6. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Actually... Good to know who that was. Saw the commercial with Kermit playing banjo last night on the WB, not sure if it was in the commercials before or during Charmed.

Neat little bit with da' frog on the banjo.

7. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

These are great!! Love that stuff! I signed up for a phone call from Kermit.

8. MuppetCrazy

MuppetCrazy Member

That is absolutely too cool!!! I set one up for Friday and Saturday just for kicks and goggles!!! When I was watching the first commercial with Brad Paisley and Kermit, I was laugh ing hysterically.....actually woke up my girlfriend! :)

9. Kermieuk

Kermieuk Well-Known Member

I cant download it? I use AOL, and it is opening it with its own Media Player. Can anyone help?
    Is there any way of getting the others, Id love to be able to keep them. There great.

Chris :sympathy:

10. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

Right-click on this link and select save target as... click here to download (requires quicktime to view). The other videos are not presented in a file format for easy downloading and saving.

11. Erine81981

Erine81981 Well-Known Member

Thanks GW. I loved them too. My favoirte as well as Ed's is the banjo one. That one cracks me up bad. My mom has seen some on the TV. Don't know which ones tho. But I love it. I wonder if you could get a plush kermit at Target?

12. DannyRWW

DannyRWW Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tip.... I actually do get up early on Friday for the shopping madness and nothing is better than Kermit calling you at 4 am.

13. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

WEll, we don't have Target stores in Canada, but I'd get one from both Kermit and Brad Paisley. <3

14. sugarbritchez

sugarbritchez Active Member

I signed up for both days & also did my home phone AND cell phone......you can never get enough Kermit!!!!!

15. Fozzie Bear

I just put in my cell phone.

This is going to be awesome, huh?! :)

I've had like 5 friends call me recently, "I saw Kermit on TV!" I love the banjo commercial with Brad Paisley playing guitar. that's so funny.

16. Kermieuk

Kermieuk Well-Known Member

Thanks for letting me have the link GelflingWaldo, Its a great clip. Please let me know if anyone manages to download a save the other clips, Id love to be able to save them.

Chris

17. AndyWan Kenobi

AndyWan Kenobi Well-Known Member

Hooray! I'm glad I saw this in time, because I gotta have Kermit wake me up. Last year I picked Darth Vader, but then some random Stormtrooper called me and told me that Vader wanted me to get up. I'm looking forward to actually hearing from the one and only Kermit the Frog!

:)

18. Fozzie Bear

YAY! I got my call a few minutes ago. I won't go into detail so as not to ruin the fun, but it sure was coooool!

Wish I could get a call like that every morning. That would be awesome!

19. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

Well if you pay Steve enough he might do it.

20. MuppetCrazy

MuppetCrazy Member

We set ours up for 7:00-7:15am and we didn't get it. Totally lame! :-(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.