Walk around Sesame Street costume characters in Times Square Ny

dinoboy

Reaction score
Has anyone heard the news about people complaining about the walk around costume characters that appear in Times Square NY? There were a few Sesame Street Characters I've seen in the video clip, but the Elmo costume has a sad face instead of a happy one. These guys go around, when the photo opp comes for the children these guys get paid, but people have complained of their child getting molested and or touched inappropriately as sometimes these guys in costumes didn't get paid and they really want the money. I Betcha that Sesame Workshop isn't too happy about this, especially if this occurred with the Elmo costume, let alone attempting to profit form their property. True story I heard from someone on their trip to NYC. They were a block away from FAO Swartz when they saw this. Someone in an Elmo walk around costume had greeted a child and parent for a photo opp. After the guy was paid, a limousine had suddenly stopped infront of the store, and when the door opened, a woman had shouted at the top of her lungs angrily. "HEY YOU, IN THE COSTUME, GET IN HERE RIGHT NOW!"
This wasn't any kind of suggestive thing, but chances are, it must've been someone from Sesame Workshop, trying to crack down on the imposters of their characters and put them all to a halt. Do you think that this story heard from the news on the costume characters, if they were Sesame Street characters, and what they're doing to kids and people, will it affect Sesame Workshop's reputation?