Wall-E: The thread

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yeah, it took me a while to warm up to toy story. But I thought the second movie was one of the best movies I've sen live action or animation at the time.

I saw both Toy story's and A Bug's life on all of there movie release dates.

wiley207

Reaction score
I just got back from seeing Wall-E and I really enjoyed it. I knew I would enjoy it, but I have never been disappointed by a Pixar feature film.
I have been disappointed by "Finding Nemo" and "Ratatouille," but that's about it. But "Wall-E" looks promising. Much better than "Ratatouille." My dad has been thinking of taking us to the drive-in to see it! :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I just saw it, and all I can say... the feel good post-apocalyptic, anti-consumerist nightmare distopian epic of the season.

But it was such an amazing, haunting film. There's so much feeling conveyed by the robot characters without speaking a word (though there was dialogue, mostly on the part of the humans). From the opening sequence to a beatuifully done end credit sequence, it was a movie that did what all good movies do. it makes you feel the entire range of human emotions and makes you think. I'd like to see the crappy dime store CGI cartoons they advertised before that attempt such a task.

A definate A plus, and I hope it takes the animation Oscar, as long as it's qualifiable, because

SPOILER

... {the only one I'm posting, and not one that's major to the plot)

'''

''''

They have filmed some live action footage. I'm not saying anymore, but it was pretty amazing they added stuff like that in. Makes it all the more realistic and believable.

'''

'''

End Spoiler

And I adored the animated sequence before the film. It had such a classic, cartoony feel. They even patterned the title cards after old Disney shorts.

But what grimnds my gears? The previews. Terrible, terrible stuff.

A CGI movie about mice

A CGI movie about Flies in Space

A CGI movie with a pretty good plot, but the voice actors, and pedestrian sequences used in the trailer put me off from ever seeing it.

And that awful talking Chiuaua film. Yuck.

Very disappointed they didn't make a Toy Story 3 Teaser. it's not due till 2010 and all, but it would have been great to have seen a plotless teaser, like they usually do.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I saw a few hours ago and I loved it! It was one of their finest. The short at the begining was also very hilarious. It got huge laughs from the crowd.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
But what grimnds my gears? The previews. Terrible, terrible stuff.

A CGI movie about mice

A CGI movie about Flies in Space

A CGI movie with a pretty good plot, but the voice actors, and pedestrian sequences used in the trailer put me off from ever seeing it.

And that awful talking Chiuaua film. Yuck.
Bwah...hahahahahahahaha!:zany::batty::stick_out_tongue:

kermiegirl

Reaction score
I saw the movie last night and it sort of gave me a wake-up call as to what would happen in 700 years if we didn't do anything. Heck, we would have sat our lazy butts on a hoverchair, become extremely obese and talk to your friends "online" when they are actually next to you. And french fries in a drinking cup? GROSS!
To me, Buy 'N Large sort of represents Wal-Mart and boy do I HATE that store! I don't want Wal-Mart to take over our lives and end up in a Wal-Mart made spaceship like the Axiom. I don't want to leave Earth all cluttered with trash. If Oscar was left on Earth with WALL-E, Oscar would think that Earth is a trashland paradise and he would be aquainted with that little robot.
Overall, I thought the movie was awesome! I think it should win an Academy Award. Don't you? I really liked the relationship between WALL-E and EVE, especially at the end. Does anyone know who did the voice for the Captain of the Axiom? It sounded a little familiar to me.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I saw the movie last night and it sort of gave me a wake-up call as to what would happen in 700 years if we didn't do anything. Heck, we would have sat our lazy butts on a hoverchair, become extremely obese and talk to your friends "online" when they are actually next to you. And french fries in a drinking cup? GROSS!
To me, Buy 'N Large sort of represents Wal-Mart and boy do I HATE it! I don't want Wal-Mart to take over our lives and end up in a Wal-Mart made spaceship like the Axiom.
Overall, I thought the movie was awesome! I think it should win an Academy Award. Don't you? I really liked the relationship between WALL-E and EVE, especially at the end. Does anyone know who did the voice for the Captain of the Axiom? It sounded a little familiar to me.
Well, that's my review of the movie.
A wake up call people WON'T listen to, mind you.

What I got out of it is a total capitalist distopia, where one company gets so large, that it becomes the ONLY one in existance, and it controlls the population. it has always been my biggest fear. And I really think Fred Willard did a wonderful job as the CEO/President of the world. Double scarey, and also what I fear.

My favorite part was seeing that they still use impossible models of human beauty when EVERYONE is 400 pounds. (which was due to laziness, but it was also due to gravitational bone loss).

And I thought Cars was anti-consumerist.

kermiegirl

Reaction score
A wake up call people WON'T listen to, mind you.
Well, I listened to it and I really don't care what you think about my wake up call. Doesn't it make you want to do SOMETHING about our wonderful planet?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Heck, we would have sat our lazy butts on a hoverchair, become extremely obese and talk to your friends "online" when they are actually next to you.
The Jetsons discussed me in a way how that are rich and lazy in the future. I liked Fred Flintstone. He was a working stiff.