Walmart exclusive DVDs (were we aware of these?)

minor muppetz

Reaction score
When I went to walmart looking for Sesame Street: Old School Vol. 1 today, although I ddin't find any copies (I also didn't find any copies of The World According to Sesame Street), I did find three Sesame Street DVDs that I wasn't aware of. I don't know if anybody here knew about them. Anyway, they were three single-disc DVD releases of apparantly complete episodes from the last few seasons.

The DVDs each had a sticker that said "Walmart exclusive". The packaging for each one said that they were 60-minute episodes, though I am not sur ehow different they are from how they aired (if they even are different). It was mentioned that the DVDs had a bonus feature where the time could be different, allowing people to watch only 20 minutes and a few other time options (weird for a DVD feature). I think all three episodes are from the 35th season.

The three DVDs are:
The Letter of the Month Club
Elmo and Zoe's Scientiffic Exploration (the only episode that I'm not familiar with)
The Furry Red Monster Parade

So who else knew about these? Did anybody pick these up (of course, why would any of us want to buy these if we could buy the Old School set, assuming we can find it)?

BEAR

Reaction score
Weird. Never seen/heard of that. Pretty cool though.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Weird. Never seen/heard of that. Pretty cool though.
If you want to see it, just go to Walmart and you'll find it. The sticker says "Walmart exclusive". It's weird that there apparantly haven't been any press releases announcing them. I would think that Sesame Workshop or Walmart would have wanted to promote them.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I knew about them- just hadn't bothered to mention them. I know, I know... shame on me! :-(

Erine81981

Reaction score
Same here GL. I just didn't really care either. I did think of buying them to see what songs were on there to make new mp3s of some but didn't really borther to mention them either.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
The "Old-school set" is hard to find. You're best bet is online, as for me, I found my copy at a store called "Suncoast" and it was for 35 bucks (plus tax), :eek: .

"The World According to Sesame Street" I got at "Target," that's a really good DVD.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Erine81981 said:
Same here GL. I just didn't really care either. I did think of buying them to see what songs were on there to make new mp3s of some but didn't really borther to mention them either.
They are full 60 minute DVD releases of epsiodes that were shown on TV a few years ago. The DVDs promote them as 60 minutes, and if you've seen the epsiodes, you probably know what's on them. I think Muppet Wiki lists most of the sketches for these episodes. I don't know if any segments are cut or replaced, like on the Old School set.

Ever since Sesame Street changed it's format, there have been DVD releases of some of the street stories, but with the other segments cut out, and many street stories were paired with street stories from other recent episodes, some releases had new footage linking the stories togetehr, and some have even included other inserts from the show as well. But these are pretty much the whole episodes (unless certain segments are replaced).

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Awesome find! Now I have to make a trip to Wally World!