Walt Disney Treasures

zns

Reaction score
How many of you guys out there enjoy nostalgia? How many of you also enjoy the early work of Walt Disney? About a year ago, I started collecting some of the Walt Disney Treasures limited edition box sets that were first realeased in 2001. I am always searching for new copies, but only if they still have the original lithographed tin case. Here is what I have so far:

-Mickey Mouse in Black and White II
-Mickey Mouse in Living Color II
-The Chronological Donald II
-On the Front Lines
-Disneyland U.S.A
-Your Host Walt Disney

I am also trying to find these copies:

-Mickey Mouse in Black and White I
-Mickey Mouse in Living Color I
-The Complete Goofy
-Behind the Scenes at the Walt Disney Studios
-The Chronilogical Donald I

Just thought that I would share that with everyone. Do any of you have any of your own copies?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Have you seen the black and while Mickey Figurines? he looks just like his early design. It's so awesome to see him with no color like that!

muppetmania1980

Reaction score
i love mickey

two years ago my mother bought me a dvd with the original steamboat willie cartoon on it....there were other classic mickey cartoons on it as well. i am not sure where she got it but i still havent opened it and watched it. i figure that it might be worth money some day!

zns

Reaction score
I got anaother set

Well I just bought the first volume of the black and white Mickey Mouse. I'll definately open it as soon as it comes in in the next week or two. :coy: Just remember, even if you do open your set, if you still save the tin and certificate of authenticity, it will still be worth a good amount of money. :wink:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
two years ago my mother bought me a dvd with the original steamboat Willie cartoon on it....there were other classic mickey cartoons on it as well. i am not sure where she got it but i still haven't opened it and watched it. i figure that it might be worth money some day!
You know? I've mentioned this become and I don't mean to ruin this thread. But, every time the copy right for Steamboat Willie (their first animated feature) is about to expire and it's about to go into public domain, Disney always gets the law changed for their convenience and has the amount of time where you can keep a cartoon expanded. It's like they have to keep it because they want to make every penny they can from it. Plenty of Werner Bros. and Tex Avery and Marx Bros. Etc cartoons have gone into public domain whee people can watch them free of charge legally. It's really to bad that it happen to all theses other cartoons save Disney's.:stick_out_tongue:

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Yeah, I collect the Treasures sets myself, I'm not too keen on Disney shorts (more of a Warner Bros. guy) but I buy them for the sake of having a great collection of Disney shorts. I have...
  • Mickey Mouse in Living Color, Vol. 1
  • Mickey Mouse in Living Color, Vol. 2
  • Mickey Mouse in Black and White, Vol. 2
  • The Chronological Donald, Vol. 1
  • The Chronological Donald, Vol. 2
  • The Chronological Donald, Vol. 3
  • The Complete Pluto, Vol. 1
  • The Complete Pluto, Vol. 2
  • More Silly Symphonies
  • On The Front Lines
  • Oswald the Lucky Rabbit
  • Disney Rarities
And I'm still on the hunt for the other animation sets I don't have.

zns

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm trying to find the Goofy set myself.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Did you see the National Treasure sequel then? :wink:
YES! And I was so suprised and thrilled! SPOILER

I couldn't believe they'd made an updated Goofy How To movie! Those were my favorite Disney sketches growing up, especially the Olympics one; Goofy was sort of half every man, half comic. They also are the perfect example of how much Disney used cartoon violence back in the day (and weren't always so cute and harmless). And the stern yet oblivious narrator always pulled it together. Lol :smile:

And btw, I think I was born loving nostalgia. Like it was wired into my DNA, lol. Just the idea that the world used to be a certain way, and it will never be that way again, always fascinates me. And the only ways they survive are through artifacts like these old cartoons, and our own memories.

And it's funny, for me, the memory is always so real to me and special, but usually vague. I'm always trying to find these old shows in an attempt to recapture the moment. But inevitably, when I do get a hold of these things, it's just not the same. The feeling I had at the time is never entirely there, more like just sparks and flashes. It's like, it's the right show, but the spell is broken, it's just a hollow shell. The memory is what really makes it special for you. I would give anything to experience the Goofy cartoons (or for that matter Muppets Take Manhattan) the way I used to. On the other hand, the fact that the memory can be so vague and hard to reach, makes it all the more special. :smile: