1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppet Guys Talking" Debuts On-line
    Watch the inspiring documentary "Muppet Guys Talking", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppet release of the year.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Dismiss Notice

Walt Disney World takes down Muppet Vision 3D Balloon and sells limited edition vinyl pins

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by dwayne1115, Jun 11, 2018.

1. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

From toughpigs.com

http://www.toughpigs.com/muppetvision-pin/

This is just another sign that Disney has no idea what to do with the Muppets. It also shows that properties like Star Wars are more important to them. I personally believe that this is just another little slip of us losing the Muppets.

ConsummateVs and Blue Frackle like this.
  2. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I saw that on your Facebook page and figured "Yup, Dwayne is gonna share this on MC."

Well, that is sad to see. All I can really say.

dwayne1115 likes this.
  3. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

There just seems to be no love for The Muppets anymore.

4. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

NO! NO! NO!!1!!! STOP BEING WRONG, IT MAKES U LOOK LIKE DUMB IDIOTS!!!!11!!1 CAN'T U SEE THAT DISNEY LOVES THE MUPPETS AND HAS BEEN DOIN ALL THEY CAN SINCE THEY BOUGHT THEM?1!? BUT YOU PEOPLE ARE SOOOOO IMATURE AND ALWAYS SAY BAD AND WRONG STUFF ABOUT DISNEY WHEN DISNEY DONE NOTHIN WRONG!Z1!@!! STOP BEING WRONG AND STOP BEING IDIOTS!232Z1`W1Z`1 DISNEY HAS DONE MORE FOR THE MUPPETS IN 14 YEARS THAN JIM HENSON EVER DID WHEN HE WAS ALIVE1!1! IF DISNEY DIDN'T LOVE THE MUPPETS WE WOULDN'T HAVE ANYTHING!!@@!`436 DISNEY TAKING APART THE BALLOON AND SELLING PARTS TO FANS IS A GOOD THING FOR FANS, BUT U PEOPLE CAN'T STOP COMPLAINING LIKE U ALWAYS DO~!!!! YOU PEOPLE ARE WHAT'S WRONG WITH THE FANDOM!!121 SO STOP SAYING BAD STUFF ABOUT DISNEY AND STOP BEING WRONG AND BE HAPPY WITH WHAT YOU GOT!2z!9e495

5. LittleJerry92

6. dwayne1115

Duke is that you?

7. D'Snowth

8. dwayne1115

I can get over the new TV show getting canceled . I can also get over the firing of Steve Whitmire, but don't mess with Muppet Vision. It was the very last project Jim worked on, and for fans that should really mean something.

9. dwayne1115

This right here the lack of care or passion about something that sure may seem minor to people on the outside, but for fans it should make us mad.

10. Froggy Fool

Froggy Fool Well-Known Member

Yeah, this is really annoying. It just shows that Disney has no faith in the Muppet brand anymore. :sigh:

ConsummateVs and LittleJerry92 like this.
  11. LittleJerry92

12. D'Snowth

13. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

how would you feel if they removed the balloon and either left it in storage to rot or refurbished it and used it in something else completely, like whinnie the pooh or something? Would you think it was just as disrespectful?

Clearly the logic here is 'fans like this thing, lets let them own a piece of it'.

14. LittleJerry92

Okay, but how are you sure they're selling it to fans? They could just be selling them to a dump or something.

15. dwayne1115

According to the article there taking parts of the thing and making them into pins.

16. LittleJerry92

Oh. I thought the pins thing was just something else.

17. dwayne1115

Not according to the article no.

18. dwayne1115

I thought this was all a joke at first then I actually read the article and it dose appear a real thing.

On the stand point of Star Wars land I kind of get it, but at the same time it's a theme park with focus not on Star Wars alone.

However I think we all know that Muppet Vision has kind of been on its last leg for quite some time. I mean they have already closed the one in California, so who knows how much longer it will evendors be a part of the park. Which aginst would really bother me simply for the fact that it was the last production Jim worked on.

MuppetsRule likes this.
  19. LittleJerry92

Honestly just give the rights to the muppets to like Warner or Universal or something....

20. D'Snowth

I don't think so. I don't know about Warner, but Universal basically treated The Chipmunks even worse than how Disney's treated the Muppets.