Walter Puppet Hair

Walter

Reaction score
The Swatch arrived today! Thank you very much for the referal TheCreatureWork!

(and if anybody is curious, Walter's hair is Chocolate Punky Muppet)

TheVoiceGuy

Reaction score
You better hurry with Walter. There are only about 10 more days 'til the movie!

Walter

Reaction score
I know! and I am in Puppet Panic mode trying to get everything done.. With all the Disney Muppet merchandise recently released and with other personal things going on, I have had trouble raising money for supplies... But don't worry! I have been studying the Henson stitch and I am going to have my own Walter "Build-a-thon!" I am trying to get him finished by the Wednesday before thanksgiving.. Just in time to take him to the premier of THE MUPPETS. -whew- I better get back to work! Thanks for all the support guys!.. Oh, and this is also my first time dealing with actual foam! Wish me luck!

Walter

Reaction score
Heads pretty much finished... idk bout the body..

Walter

Reaction score
sure, but first i need to make some minor tweaks with the eyes.. getting the focus right is VERY tricky.. I didn't buy puppet eyes.. I had to make them.. right now Walter is designed sortof like a whatnot.. I could not find the exact fleece, so I had to use imitation fleece..AKA felt.. the color is pretty dead on though.. unfortunately that also means that walter is glued together, as opposed to sewn together... The good news is, he is (what I believe to be) actual size. one interesting difference between puppet walter and poser walter is that poser walter has a whatnot shaped head, while puppet walter has an extra "flap" of fabric over his neck. the hair looks very good though, the only problem I can really point out is that his mouth is made using a hard black platform.. so its not the redish brown you see in the movie puppet. The next step is to build a body to surround the puppet sleeve. He will be wearing the brown whatnot jacket and tie.

Walter

Reaction score
Well, the picture definately doesn't do him justice, as it makes his skin look much oranger.. but here is a side shot of him so far:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

As you can see, he is not exactly like the film puppet.. his eyes are a little bigger and more spread apart, but he does look pretty good when in use:smile: