1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Wanted: 1979 Kilncraft Sam the Eagle and Beauregard Mug

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell and Trade' started by FloydPepper77, Oct 26, 2010.

1. FloydPepper77

FloydPepper77 New Member

Hello all,
    For some time now I have been looking a Sam the Eagle and Beauregard KilnCraft Mug from 1979. It is a piece I have wanted to add to my collection for the longest time and my persuit for it has been very difficuly and long. I was wondering if anyone is interested in selling one to me or if we can possibly make a trade. Please let me know. You name the price :)

:sing:
  2. Kermieuk

Kermieuk Well-Known Member

Hey Floyd,

Just wandered if you had any luck in finding a Floyd Mug?

Good luck with your hunt for Sam and Beau, there hard to find.

I do have them but afraid not for sale!

Chris
  3. FloydPepper77

FloydPepper77 New Member

Yes I did! I almost have the entire set, just Sam and Beau are missing....I hope to find them!
  4. Kermieuk

Hey Floyd,

So pleased to hear that you found a Floyd mug.

Good Luck with your hunt for Sam and Chef, did you see this auction on ebay last week? What a price

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230538936766&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

A Scooter mug also sold for $150 on its own last week!

I love this set of mugs, its classic Muppet Show, love the design.

Even though I live in the UK I never had any of these mugs until I was about 14 years old, I found Miss Piggy and Fozzie in a friends cupboard.

I bought Sam, Floyd and Chef at a local ToyFair for only £2.00 each, what a bargain!

Have you seen the page on Muppet Wiki about all the Muppets KilnCraft Mugs?

http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Muppet_mugs_(Kiln_Craft)

Chris
  5. FloydPepper77

FloydPepper77 New Member

I know, I love these mugs too. They are really beautiful set.
    I was lucky enough to not have spent too much money on the yet haha. I do check on eBay everyday for new ones. What colour is your set?

6. Kermieuk

I think 10 are white, and 2 are yellow/orange. I did think of trying to get them all in white but at these prices Im happy with what I have. If I find them cheap enough I would buy them.

Chris
  7. Jelopi

Jelopi Member

Just wanted to let you know there is a Kiln Craft Beauregard Mug currently listed on Ebay. Item # 370487449042. I just came across the listing and thought I remembered someone looking for one on here. Good luck with it :D
  8. FloydPepper77

FloydPepper77 New Member

Thank you so much for the heads up! I really appreciate it :sing:
  9. Kermieuk

Hey Floyd,

WOW, the Beau mug sold for $199.

Did you win it? Or was that a bit out of your range!

Chris
  10. FloydPepper77

FloydPepper77 New Member

I am the proud owner of that Beau mug! Now just Sam The Eagle and I have the entire set!
  11. Jelopi

Jelopi Member

Awesome! Glad you got it! :)
  12. Kermieuk

Well done Floyd.

I was holding my own Beau and Sam mugs just a few hours ago, I love em all.

It does worry me a bit though when things get this expensive what do you do with them?

It gets to the point where Im afraid to touch them or move them. How can I keep them all safe.

Id be gutted if I broke one of my rarer Muppet Show mugs.

Any suggestions?

Chris
  13. FloydPepper77

FloydPepper77 New Member

I have them in a nice display case...I rarely take them out. I have a few duplicates and I use them for tea at work. My students get a kick out of them even though they are too young to know who the Muppets are!
  14. Kermieuk

Floyd mug on ebay now if anyone is still looking for one?

Chris
  15. SpacePig77

SpacePig77 New Member

Hey, I have a "Beau" mug. It is one of the yellowish tan mugs. Its dated 1979. I understand there were white copies of these mugs too, does anyone know what are the rarest or oldest, white or tan? After reading this forum and discovering my mug could be worth up to $200 I may be considering selling it.
    Anyone know more info about this?
  16. Kermieuk

Hi. Both colours are rare of that character. The first set of six were made/ licensed in 1978 kermit piggy fozzie gonzo rowlf and animal. The following year the same set were released on tan colour mugs and 6 new characters were added in both White and tan. Scooter beau floyd statler & waldorf sam and Swedish chef. The second set of 6 are the rarer characters that sell for high prices.
    Chris
  17. SpacePig77

SpacePig77 New Member

Thanks Chris! :D
    So the tan and white mugs of the second 1979 run of six were released at the same time? Do you think these characters rarest becuse they are less popular and they made less? :confused:
    I found this at a second hand shop and had no idea the value, I decided to google it and found this very thread, thanks for the info.;)
    CHEERZ!
    Rj
  18. Kermieuk