1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Wanted: Here Come The Puppets!

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell and Trade' started by muppetfan89, Feb 17, 2009.

1. muppetfan89

muppetfan89 Member

can someone tell me what show/special this scene came from, cause I remember seeing it once before, but I can't remember where it came from. Here's the scene.

Kermit and Fozzie are inside a television set.

Fozzie: Don't look, but...there is somebody underneath me.

Kermit: What?

Fozzie: Don't look! Don't look! Oh, you know what there's somebody underneath you too.

Kermit: What?

Fozzie: You know what? He's got a beard.

that's all I remember from it.

2. KermiClown

KermiClown Member

That scene is from the documentary Here Come The Puppets!

From the Muppet Wiki:

"Here Come the Puppets was a special taped for PBS documenting the Union Internationale de la Marionette (UNIMA)-USA Festival in 1980, held at the Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts. The special was co-hosted by Kermit the Frog and Jim Henson and featured performances by Burr Tillstrom, Shari Lewis, Bil Baird and the Muppets...

"The special begins with Fozzie and Kermit talking about being puppets. Soon after, Jim and Kermit (in his news reporter attire) host the special."

3. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

4. muppetsliveon

muppetsliveon Member

I think it was on the bonus features of season 3 of the muppet show.

5. Fluffets

Fluffets New Member

No, that was "The Muppets On Puppets", similiar thing but its older, before kermit was a frog super-star. :)

6. Fluffets

Fluffets New Member

Sounds cool, sadly I'm no use though as I've never even heard of it, sounds great though! :insatiable:

7. InspiredByJim

InspiredByJim New Member

Here Come the Puppets was a PBS show highlighting an annual convention of puppeteers from around the world. Jim Henson hosted the event in Washington DC. It was shown on PBS in 1980, and I was lucky enough to see it. It was informative about how most countries consider puppets a legitimate form of entertainment for adults as well as children, and not just "entertainment for kids."

8. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

I have the full thing, but I uploaded the intro a while ago.