1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Wanted: Ideal Kermit & Rowlf

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell and Trade' started by zns, Feb 15, 2009.

1. zns

zns Active Member

Hi ya'll. Does anyone know where I might be able to find the original Ideal Toys Kermit and Rowlf puppets that were made in '65? Just curious.
  2. zns

zns Active Member

Just where exactly might the best place be to look for these puppets anyway?
  3. rtgentry

rtgentry Member

ebay, local flea market (wouldnt that be awesome).
  4. rtgentry

rtgentry Member

There is actuall an ideal kermit with box on ebay right now. Its at $400 I think. Should go well over $1000
  5. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

Kermit is hard to find.There are more Rowlfs around.the Kermit on ebay hasnt met the reserve yet.It is item 260485144750.
  6. zns

zns Active Member

Yeah. I've seen Rowlf more often then Kermit. But if anyone knows where I might be able to find either one of them, please let me know. Thanks.

By the way.... I seriously doubt the one on ebay right now will meet the reserve. I asked the seller about it a few days ago and they told me it is at $1,100.
  7. hemi

hemi Member

there's no fun in buying a 1100$ ideal kermit doll ,even when he's hard to find
    rowlf usely sells around 300-400$
    I'm pretty sure there will be another one for sale in the future ,mayby for a more reasenable price...
  8. zns

zns Active Member

It just seems a little bit ridiculous to me that the seller even put a reserve on it in the first place. He/she should know that 98% of people right now can't really take the time to pay such a high amount for something that was only made 40-some years ago.

Maybe some day I will be able to have my own Kermit and Rowlf from Ideal. And someone else will too. I know that there are collectors like Phil Chapman and Michael J. Dixon who have there onw versions as well. I wonder where they managed to find them? :):sympathy:
  9. hemi

hemi Member

your right, its ridiculous,even when you got the money
    They are also on my wish list ,but i sure not gonna pay such amounts...
    Think you best visit local toy/doll fairs, or search local advertisingpapers.
    There you got no bidders,only you and the seller to set a deal!
    I'm pretty sure that some collectors sell them for more reasenable prices on doll/toy/moviecollectable fairs!
    Same with the sesame puppets from Topper Toys
    Few months ago a MIB Roosevelt Franklin was sold on ebay for abouth 350,-$
    Few weeks later another MIB R.F. was sold for abouth only 140,-$
    And the next one will sell for less than 140,-$
    You just have to wait...
  10. zns

zns Active Member

Thanks hemi. There are soooo many other things that I want to add to my Henson collection. But I can wait long enough to add more stuff. It's not like I'm actually going to get everything overnight right? ;)
  11. hemi

hemi Member

Thats right,
    just need to have patience
    Rome Wasnt built in a few days either
    The fun of collecting is getting your item for a good pice not to put you in a critical financial situation...
    What do you allready have in your collection?
    If you tell me what you got and what you need,than i wil keep an eye open for you ...
    I also updated my site...
  12. zns

zns Active Member

Nice job with the update. It looks very good right now. There's just too many items I have right now that I have as well too many that I am looking for. If it is anything related to the Muppets, Sesame Street, Fraggle Rock, the Fantasy worlds of The Dark Crystal and Labyrinth, I'll take it considering what it is. Hopefully someday I can do a trade with you on what you have on your website. Thanks hemi. :)
  13. zns

zns Active Member

Well the auction just ended, but it did not meet the reserve. If the seller puts it back up, I hope they don't put another reserve on it.
  14. rtgentry

rtgentry Member

if they are smart they will sell it for the $935 to the highest bidder.
  15. muppetperson

They should of, but instead, relisted it in a quick listing, and this time, got even less!($305.51)
  16. hemi

hemi Member

this indead was a wrong move from the seller.
    Think the first auction allready ended up much over-rated!
    305,-$ was a more suitable price
    The 953,-$ bid was an awnsome high bid,If you view other auctions from other rare dolls of the same period...
  17. zns

zns Active Member

Hopefully somebody won it the second time.
  18. muppetperson

No, they are sticking to the reserve price, so it passed in.
  19. rche

rche New Member

I bought this fellows Rowlf from him and he was pretty set on the 1100 reserve for Kermit. It is the box he is banking on. It was pretty cool to see that go past the 'bay tho. One certainly does not see that up for sale all that often. Prime example of a high reserve messing up the auction. If he had not had that reserve set, he might have made that price. 935 was pretty close.