Wanted: Kermit hand puppet

Voiceroy

Reaction score
I need a Kermit hand puppet for a June event -- I've done several live performances imitating Kermit, and for comedic effect I wear a Kermit-colored polo shirt and custom Kermit eyes made from a two halves of a ping-pong ball. But for this particular event, I only want the puppet to be seen.

I don't mean to sound like I'm bragging, but I'm the guy who won the Kermit impression contest at the "Kermit's Swamp Years" panel at the San Diego Comic-Con, as chronicled here on this website (and I donated some photos from the event as well):
http://www.muppetcentral.com/articles/interviews/ksy_panel.shtml

I used to have the Fisher Price Kermit puppet when I was a kid and wish I had been able to hang onto it (it's a vintage collectible now). And I've been trying to find a hand puppet for the last few years that wasn't made for child-sized hands only.

I've browsed ebay listings and a couple other websites, but none of them offer enough detail to know whether or not the puppet will work with an adult-sized hand. I've found the 18-inch (from Sabada Toys that looks like this one here: http://puppet.org/museum/catalog/kermit_4077652.htm ) and the 20-inch one on ebay (Eden Toys, 1993?), and from the pics they appear that they might fit my hand okay, but I want to know for sure before I make my purchase. Can anyone tell me for certain what size Kermit puppet would work for me, and where I might be able to buy one other than the sites already mentioned?

Voiceroy

Reaction score
21 views and no replies? Wow, did I say something to tick everyone off, or is it even more difficult than I thought to find a adult-sized Kermit hand puppet?

Whatever

Reaction score
Well, there are a lot of threads about this, you could do a search easily. I have the Applause puppet and it fits me, but I have smallish hands. The best way to find them is Ebay.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
The Fisher Price Kermit puppet was up on ebay again recently. They had found some never-before opened boxes with MINT!!! packages and puppets inside. I obviously bought one.

Hit ebay, that's where I found mine, man.

Voiceroy

Reaction score
Whatever said:
Well, there are a lot of threads about this, you could do a search easily. I have the Applause puppet and it fits me, but I have smallish hands. The best way to find them is Ebay.
I did do a search, actually. But none of the threads mentioned whether or not the puppets would work for an adult-sized hand, and that's what I really needed to know. I have smallish hands also, for a guy anyway (my fiance and I nearly have the same ring size), but the Kermit puppets I tried out previously were too small.

Having the Fisher Price one again would be a nice nostalgia boost, but I don't really collect much Muppet stuff anymore. And I don't want to buy a vintage one one on ebay -- I need one for practical use, not a collectible.

The actual store location of puppet.org (Center for Puppetry Arts) is only a 40-minue drive for me. I may go by there next week and see if that Sabada Toys Kermit will fit my hand. If not, I'll wait for the Applause one to show up on ebay as there aren't any listed currently.

Too bad the forums here don't allow us to upload attachments, or I'd show you guys a pic of me performing Kermit.

Thanks for the replies.