Wanted: Labyrinth Ludo plush doll

James

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm trying to track down a plush toy of Ludo from the Labyrinth, or any other figurine or model of him. I see the collectibles section only lists a plush toy, but there may be others out there :smile: I can't seem to find anything since I guess they're rare and not manufactured anymore, but any leads would be appreciated, or if you're willing to part with yours. Thanks!

sansconformist

Reaction score
james, this is a pretty weak lead, but perhaps it will help. i remember in toyfare magazine about 8 months ago there was a picture of a custom ludo action figure that was extraodinary looking; a fan had sent in the pic, it was in the first few pages. (with the letter columns and such.) he had done all the sculpt work himself and used real fur, etc. i was quite jelous! anyway, toyfare is a toy industry magazine owned by wizard, a company known primarily for it's comic industry magazine, and any comic or collectable toy store should carry it - although not all stock back issues. mine does. i'll see if i can track down the one in question on my trip this weekend. at the least it will give you a starting point, i may even be able to provide you with the creator's email address.

i'll update later.

edited to say: there is also one of the plushes going on ebay right now, but he's going for big bucks.

James

Reaction score
Thanks for your help! I'm just going to start trying to track down that magazine now... any idea what was on the cover? I can find the magazine available for sale, and I figure 8 months ago would be around issue #70, but I'm not quite certain.

And although that ebay doll is expensive, it's still quite tempting. Thanks again.

sansconformist

Reaction score
James, the toyfare issue was issue number 69. i was afriad that the memory i had maybe had been built up a little, but no, today when i saw it the picture still looked spectactular. i'll see if i can find out anything else about it for you, but in the meantime, happy hunting!