1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Wanted: Muppet Sheet Music

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell and Trade' started by No1MuppetFan, Jul 24, 2007.

1. No1MuppetFan

No1MuppetFan Member

I am desperately trying to find the FULL Muppet Movie Songbooks for BOTH: *The Muppets Take Manhattan and *Muppet Treasure Island. I am willing to pay high for these songbooks as I know how rare they are to find. Anyone who is interested please either reply to this thread or e-mail me at: danielmarando@msn.com :)
    MuppetLuver2000 likes this.
  2. SarahOnBway

SarahOnBway Member

I have been on the lookout for Muppet Sheet Music for YEARS! As of yet, I have not been able to find a single copy of the Sheet Music for Muppets Take Manhattan :( Very sad, especially because I would DIE for the music to Right Where I Belong or I'm Gonna Always Love You.

That said, I don't own the sheet music for MTI, but I *DID* copy it from the Lincoln Center Library for the Performing Arts here in NY. I could totally send the songs I have to you, whether that be through fax, mail or email. I don't need any money for them, as all it cost me to get them was the price of the library copy machine (15 cents a page though--WOAH. Robbery), but if we share I *would* like a copy of the songs from MTM if you ever get your hands on one. Whaddya say? Here's what I have:

Saying Goodbye (the only MTM song I have)
    Something Better
    Sailing for Adventure
    Cabin Fever
    Love Led Us Here

And I could easily get Shiver My Timbers and Professional Pirate--I just didn't have enough change on me the day I went!

IDK if you're looking for any other Muppet books, but I also have the books to The Muppet Movie (in both easy piano and regular), Muppet Christmas Carol, A Christmas Together, Favorite Songs from Jim Henson's Muppets (I actually have 2 copies of this) and all the songs from The Great Muppet Caper, which is the other thing I copied from the library.

Hope that helps!
    MuppetLuver2000 likes this.
  3. Fragglemuppet

Fragglemuppet Well-Known Member

Wow Sarah, you're the walking muppet music jackpot!
    :D
    :cool:
    :flirt:
  4. SarahOnBway

SarahOnBway Member

Haha, well I love sheet music and I love the Muppets, so it makes sense! :)

...I also forgot to mention that I have the illustrated Sesame Street Songbook. Which is all kinds of awesome.
  5. Fragglemuppet

Oh yeah, I can imagine!
    :) Can you play any of this music, or do you just like collecting it?
  6. SarahOnBway

SarahOnBway Member

Oh I play it! Haha, what good is sheet music if it just sits there? Unless you frame it, that's pretty.

I mean, I don't play WONDERFULLY, but I play well enough. I'm a singer so I mainly play to accompany myself, which really consists of accurate right hand work and broken up chords on the left. Ah well, it still sounds pretty.

Want a piece of Sarah's Muppet Sheet Music Trivia? The hardest Muppet song for me to play? It Feels Like Christmas. There are a LOT of eighth and sixteenth notes and it moves INCREDIBLY fast. Song I like to play most? Currently it's probably When the River Meets the Sea. Or I'm Going to Go Back There Someday.

Basically I love me my Paul Williams, hehe! :)
  7. Fragglemuppet

Oh yes, he is great, isn't he? Those are such beautiful songs, and though I don't know much about the technicalities of music, I'm sure the fact that those two songs are slower helps a bit.
    :)
  8. JennyMuppet

JennyMuppet New Member

Hay Sarah on Bway, I really need to get hold of the music for Shiver my Timbers and When you're a Professional Pirate for a pantomime I'm doing. PLease Please can you e-mail them to me? My address is jennymorris18@hotmail.com. Please please help me.xxxxx
  9. selkiechick

selkiechick New Member

I don't suppose you have sheet music for the "At the Dance" music from the Muppet show? I want to dance to this at my wedding with my Dad... I have just the jokes for the occasion, but I can;t find a version of the music that doesn;t have jokes already in it...

(Thank You!)
    Selkie
  10. emineminy1089

emineminy1089 New Member

oh is there any way that i could have any and all MTI sheet music sent to my email as well, i have searched EVERYWHERE and have not been able to find copies anywhere, and it would be a fantastic birthday present for a good friend of mine with a birthday this month. my email is cgballetbabe123@comcast.net

thank you so much if you could do this for me!
  11. thespianicqueen

thespianicqueen New Member

Hi Sarah,

Is there anyway you could e-mail me Professional Pirate. I've looked everywhere for it, but can't find it at all and really want it for a panto I'm writing.

I love it feels like christmas. I put it in a show last year and I'm doing it again this year, it's got such a great tune and you just want to bob along to it. It is really difficult to play though:sympathy:
    I ended up putting it on Sibelius to make it easier and making a backing track.

e-mail is eleanor.mallinson@btinternet.com

Thank you x
  12. Dearth

Dearth Active Member

I want someone to sing "When the River Meets the Sea" at my funeral.

Not only is it a beautiful song, my last name is one of the words in the lyrics.

Dearth
  13. Metalskeeter666

Metalskeeter666 New Member

if you have the sheet music to shiver me timbers, and professional pirate could you email them to me I say your post and joined the forum for this reason only :)

i cant find it anywhere, my email is dreyes2189@yahoo.com u will be my new best friend
    :) plz plz plz
  14. Craig

Craig New Member

Help! I need to get the sheet music (for piano) for "Professional Pirate" from "Muppet Treasure Island". The only source seems to be the movie songbook which apparently is permanently out of print.

While I'm here I may as well ask: I also need the sheet music for "Mack the Black" by Cole Porter from the 1948 Judy Garland/Gene Kelly movie "The Pirate". It also seems to be out of print.

Thanks!
    Craig
    craignbarnes@gmail.com
  15. Craig

Craig New Member

Thanks!! One of you sent it to me within an hour! Much appreciated!

Craig
  16. 2ndEnding

2ndEnding New Member

Could you please send me the MTI sheet music as well?
    My email is secondending@live.ca
    Thanks in advance :)
  17. brianmurray92

brianmurray92 New Member

Same here for all of MTI, would be greatly appreciated if sent as soon as possible (Musical in a week :eek:.
    brianmurray92@hotmail.com :D
    "Now, Jim, that be Polaris, the North Star. Even in the China Sea, that's north. "
  18. nitenurse

nitenurse New Member

Hi - Have just joined this forum as I am desperately looking for either backing tracks (instrumental) or sheet music to
    Professional Pirate
    Something Better
    Sailing for Adventure
    I know that SarahOnBway has helped others and if she or anyone else could help I would be eternally grateful - email is merseholdings@aol.com
  19. nitenurse

nitenurse New Member

Hi again - Just wanted to say how fantastic you guys are - within about 10 minutes Brian kindly sent me exactly what I wanted - thanks again.
  20. AlisonB

AlisonB New Member

Hi - saw previous posts and have just joined as I am desperate for the sheet music for all of MTI as soon as possible. Can anyone help me? alison.byard@blueyonder.co.uk. Thanks