WANTED: Muppet Show Shrinky Dinks

Dearth

Reaction score
I don't think I ever knew this one existed, and yet somehow when I look at the pics on Muppet Wiki, it seems SO familiar.

Would love to get one of these which has been unshrunk so I can scan the full-sized artwork.

But a pre-shrunk one would be cool, too.

Dearth

zns

Reaction score
Being a serious collector, I would much prefer for them to be pre-shrunk. But I hope you find them as much as I would like to.

Dearth

Reaction score
Well, like I said, the unshrunk graphics would be ideal to scan. That's some great artwork of the characters... I couldn't believe it when I saw Fletcher Bird! The bigger graphics would be better to print these out to go with the Palisades figures, etc.

Plus, half the fun of Shrinky Dinks is the baking process. I had some E.T. Shrinky Dinks when I was a kid and I remember getting my first nasty burn from a hot pan when my grandmother let me bake the 'Dinks while my parents were out.

But, hey, I have had a healthy respect for stoves since then, and so far I haven't been burned like that since. (Knocks wood.)

One thing I'm curious about... I recall on the E.T. Shrinky Dinks, I had to color them myself with some included colored pencils... but the Muppet Show SD's really look like they're pre-colored. If so, that makes them even more desirable, if you ask me.

Coloring in those giant pictures of E.T. was such a hassle. I remember thinking, why can't I just bake them so they're small, and THEN color them in? It seemed like it would take a lot less time.

Wow, I am lost in nostalgia now. I better start looking for some E.T. Shrinky Dinks too, I guess.

Dearth

Jivepuppet

Reaction score
The Muppets were pre-colored. And they were smaller than the ET ones... So once shrunk even smaller...
I still have them. Not the stage, but I think all the characters. Sadly Kermt lost an arm at one point...
I might be willing to part with them, via a trade... Go anything you're looking to trade?

dwmckim

Reaction score
I had this as a kid and i would rank it one of the coolest Muppet products of all time. The art was beautiful, the characters immense and included the obscure ones (it was through this set that i first learned the names of Muppets like Doglion and Fletcher Bird), plus the playability factor with the beautiful stage - with balcony for S&W and backdrop resembling the blackout set.

Lots of great memories!

Dearth

Reaction score
Thanks to a successful trade with Jivepuppet, I now have a fairly complete set of Muppet Show Shrinky Dinks, and I have to agree with you dwmckim. These were awesome!

I scanned them all and posted the pic to the Muppet Wiki:

http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Shrinky_Dinks

It's the lower right photo in the gallery.

So now more than ever I want a pristine, unbaked set. If anyone out there has one for sale or trade (or even to loan out so I can scan the full-sized artwork), please drop me a line!

Dearth

Jivepuppet

Reaction score
No prob man! And thanks for the CDs! And the Wiki page is awesome!
If anyone out there ever wants to trade with Dearth I highly recommend him!

kirby12

Reaction score
I have a nearly complete unbent,uncut, and unbaked set of Muppet Show Shrinky Dinks in box. The only thing missing is one of the 36 little plastic bases so there are only 35. Theatre and unbaked sheets are in perfect condition. The outer box is in very good condition too. I'd be willing to trade although I don't really know for what. We are big fans of Muppets 4D at Disney World, Tale of the Bunny Picnic, Muppet Family Christmas, and Emmet Otter's Jug Band Christmas if that gives anyone any ideas.

muppetperson

Reaction score
I have made a revised list of all the characters from the set on Muppet Wikia.