Wanted: Sesame Street Necktie

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Throughout my life, there have been many pieces of Muppet memorabilia that I've been trying to find for years. So, on occasion, I will post about them on here, in hopes to find them, and this will obviously be my first one.

For the last 7 months, I've had my eye on this very nice Sesame Street necktie: http://www.ties2pillows.com/ernie-bert-gang-sesame-street-tie/

Every time it pops up on eBay, I get outbid very badly, and as you can imagine, I wind up losing the auction. The other day, another copy did show up on eBay, and I decided to wait until the last minute to place a bid, however, last night, someone bought it using the "Buy it Now" option. (The person selling the tie allowed people to use both options: bidding, and "Buy it Now".)

I can NOT begin to stress how badly I would like to get my hands on this particular tie, so if any of you out there have this tie and don't need it anymore, or if you know someone that has one and wants to give it away, PLEASE contact me when you can!!

All in all, if you can help me out in any way to get this tie, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you in advance!

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
I don't have the tie, but I can give you two bits of advice.

On eBay items that have a 'Buy it now' option as well as bidding, once somebody bids the 'Buy it now' option is removed and it becomes bids only. So you could put in a minimum bid to make sure no one will buy it first.

For years now I’ve waited until a few seconds before an item ends to place a bid, but what happened a few times was that I forgot what time the item ended, and by the time I remembered it was an hour or two too late. Because of that I've started using goofbid.com which bids for me two seconds before the item ends. It works very well!

Good luck getting the Sesame Street tie. :smile:

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Good thinking. I just might try using the goofbid website. I took a look at it, and it already looks pretty awesome!

Thanks! :smile: