Wanted: Sideshow Fozzie Bust

Reaction score
I'm very interested in getting ahold of a Sideshow Fozzie Bear bust. I've searched as far as my limited knowledge could get me and I was only able to find one on eBay, but am not in a position to pay over $200 for one...

I'm not concerned with the collectible aspect and whether it's in a box or not, so if someone has one of these that they would be willing to part or knows of one available for a reasonable price, I would be very grateful.

Thanks,
Scott

Reaction score
Obviously people aren't jumping in line to offer theirs for sale, so since I'm new maybe someone can give me some insight...

Is it that these are so rare that people just aren't selling them, or is it that the eBay one for the equivalent of about $200 US is the going rate and I'm being delusional to think that I'd find one for less?

Thanks again for any help.

muppetperson

Reaction score
They dont come for sale very often.I could sell you a spare one of mine for US$140 including postage, but he has been broken from new and glued.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
That Fozzie was the weakest bust of the series, but the bear's a must for the collection. :embarrassed:

Reaction score
I definitely appreciate the input and thank you for the offer. While I don't want to seem ungrateful, saying I'm not concerned about it having to still be sealed in the box, etc. is one thing, but I can't justify that type of money for something that's been broken and glued. Thanks again though!

I've read some comments about the Fozzie details not being a great as some of the other characters on the Sideshow bust, but Fozzie is the only Muppet character that I've ever collected, so I'm okay with that.

Anybody else that feels like helping out a Fozzie fan? :embarrassed:

CyberSteak

Reaction score
I really didn't realize they were going for so much on eBay. I have the whole set. Got them all for a STEAL of a deal (some as low as $20). I couldn't really see myself ever parting with them as they're such great representation of the characters. My only gripe is that they only made 20. They could have easily made 25 and it would have made sense since it was their 25th anniversary. And the fact that they didn't make Floyd is unspeakable. Love these busts though.

And I tend to think Statler was the one the was weakest. I had to buy him twice and both came with a broken right hand that had been glued on at the factory.

CyberSteak

Reaction score
wow. I just checked ebay. a complete set sold the other day for 1600 pounds. which is about $2500 US. WOW!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
wow. I just checked ebay. a complete set sold the other day for 1600 pounds. which is about $2500 US. WOW!
If you break it down, that's twice as much as the original SRP so I don't think it's too outrageous. I have the whole collection and remember the sculptures ranging between $50-65 a piece. Series best sculpt was Rowlf, the most lack-luster likeness was Fozzie, but two of my personal favorite sculpts were Dr. Teeth and Animal. They really nailed the look. They really are all worth it. I do like the texture of the Fozzie bust. That part is spot-on. :embarrassed: I'm glad to have him to complete the collection.

So you mainly collect Fozzie things? What kind of rare or fun stuff have you collected over the years?

Reaction score
So you mainly collect Fozzie things? What kind of rare or fun stuff have you collected over the years?
I guess I may have worded that very poorly, especially around here! I have no collection at all to speak of. I'm a huge Muppets fan and Fozzie is my favorite character by far.
Over the years people have given me the occasional stuffed animal or keychain, but I've really got nothing other than two of the Palisades Patrol Bear Fozzies. One at home with all the other police statues and figures and one for my desk at work.

So I'm not a collector *at all*, but a huge Fozzie fan, but when I saw the Sideshow bust, I knew I needed it and also thought it would be cool to give it to my daughter someday since now I've been able to get her into the Muppets too. She gives me an excuse to watch them and listen to them more often!:wisdom:

I also had been searching for any kind of nice framed artwork other than a movie poster, but hit a brick wall with that. A nice lithograph or something that is actually suitable for putting up in the house...

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I guess I may have worded that very poorly, especially around here! I have no collection at all to speak of. I'm a huge Muppets fan and Fozzie is my favorite character by far.
Over the years people have given me the occasional stuffed animal or keychain, but I've really got nothing other than two of the Palisades Patrol Bear Fozzies. One at home with all the other police statues and figures and one for my desk at work.

So I'm not a collector *at all*, but a huge Fozzie fan, but when I saw the Sideshow bust, I knew I needed it and also thought it would be cool to give it to my daughter someday since now I've been able to get her into the Muppets too. She gives me an excuse to watch them and listen to them more often!:wisdom:

I also had been searching for any kind of nice framed artwork other than a movie poster, but hit a brick wall with that. A nice lithograph or something that is actually suitable for putting up in the house...
Here's a link to a printable pencil art piece featuring a Fozzie Bear moment from the Muppet Show. I created this several years ago and submitted to the Muppet Newsflash contest a year ago. It will take a minute to download, but you might enjoy it. :embarrassed: