Wanted - The World Of Jim Henson Video

spencer

Reaction score
Hi, I live in the Uk and I am trying to get hold of a copy of The World Of Jim Henson on video - If anyone can help please kindly let me know. Is it true the secrets of the bicycle scene in TGMC are shown on this video?

Many Thanks

Spencer :smile:

AAO

Reaction score
Well, I have the tape , but I know where you can retrieve it. Go to www.amazon.com and search for it in the video section (not DVD) believe me I tried. I got my tape two years ago along with the Jim Henson Doodle book. The tape is fantastic! Trust me, there's interviews with Frank Oz, Henson himself , and many other followers to the great innovative mind of Henson. There's also footage of behind the scenes of many of the films, even Muppet Vision 3*D, though it doesn't speak of it. It also has clips of Henson's memorial service with Harry Belafonte, Henson's children, and a few others.

spencer

Reaction score
Many thanks for that information, sounds like a great video ! unfortunately they are not allowing people in the UK to buy it but I guess I will just keep looking as it sounds a must.

Spencer

AAO

Reaction score
Well..u're welcome....maybe Amazon UK has it? I'm sorry....I hope u get it...It even has facts about "The Dark Crystal" and how the day the film co. watched it and didn't seem to like it . Frank tells how sad Jim felt, but how he kept his head up and was fine....

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Its a great documentary, it made me more of a fan, its a must for any muppet or henson fan to see this.

spencer

Reaction score
Thanks ever so much ! - was this ever shown on british TV ? :smile:

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
spencer said:
Thanks ever so much ! - was this ever shown on british TV ? :smile:
Yes it did, last shown was summer 1999 on Channel 4 :wink: