Wanted: Wubbulous World Episodes featuring The Grinch!

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
OK, I just got cast as the Grinch in my school's production of Seussical and I need something to bounce off of for inspiration so I'm not treading on previous territory for myself. Can someone please post footage from The Wubbulous World of Dr. Seuss on YouTube or recommend a DVD of the show that has episodes where the Grinch is prominantly featured? I really need this fast. Someone help! :embarrassed:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I'm sure the directors will help you. My friend was cast as the Grinch in our production og it last year, and used the classic Grinch special as vocal reference.

dwmckim

Reaction score
You may want to check your local libraries to see if they have any Wubbulous or Dr. Suess videos/dvds.

If you're using them as references as how to play the character, while it can be helpful to see how other people have interpreted the character, don't be afraid to rely on your own instinct and imagination same as you would any other part where you don't have the benefit of such resources. The best actors are those that create a character on their own without copying what others who've played the same part have done.