War on Iraq......

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
i dont know if this was already done...but i dont care...

Everyone, are you a PRO-WAR or ANTI-WAR? support your answer.

me, i'm anti war. iraq really doesnt own those weapons, it was just an excuse. Iraq may be free now, but this war was mainly for OIL! and just killing ppl for friggin OIL is wrong. i also hear George Bush wants to take care of Syria now. he probably wants to wipe out every dictator on earth and turn every totalitarian country into a capitalist democracy. i'm sure they're are better ways to do that without war. and if he tries to turn Switzerland capitalist (my 2nd favorite country, next to Canada) i will be furious.

anyways, what are YOUR opinions on this war?

Luke

Reaction score
Don't believe everything you hear kiddo ! :wink:

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
well i don't...

but if u cant believe what u read...that what can u believe? and does Iraq REALLY have all those weapons? i think its a lie...the government lies alot!

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Don't believe everything you hear kiddo !
Ditto.

Actually, this topic has been covered before and it was pretty divisive. Don't know if we really want to go that route again.

The points you bring up for your anti-war stance are addressed in that thread, as well as reasons to support the war. If you're really interested you really should check out all 19 pages, some good points were made.

Interesting Gulf War News

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by punkNpuppets
but if u cant believe what u read...that what can u believe? and does Iraq REALLY have all those weapons? i think its a lie...the government lies alot!
You can't believe anything you get told nowdays cos the world is so totally screwed up nowdays but that applies to both sides - as for the weapons - does it matter ? Millions of people are free (and protesting about it !) - they uncovered a grave today in an Iraqi prison ground where 30 people who opposed Saddam Husseins regime were shot dead hours before the allies rolled into town. They had just been left there, still with their blindfolds on and arms tied - no dignity, they had just had some dirt piled on them and the ground levelled.

If we had to use WMD as an excuse to go stop that, fine, it was for the best, but i reckon they'll find them sooner or later.

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Originally posted by punkNpuppets
i dont know if this was already done...but i dont care...

Everyone, are you a PRO-WAR or ANTI-WAR? support your answer.

I don't think that anyone is really "pro-war". I mean, even if they support the events, nobody wants war.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I don't like war, I don't like killing or bombs. At the same time, I don't want people who openly support terrorists who destroy thousands of lives and million dollar properties to be able to drop a chemical bomb on my head while I'm sitting here sometime in the future typing at Muppet Central.

Right now, it all looks ugly--but, if it wasn't stopped then in a few years when Hussein has a nuclear bomb built, where we gonna be then? I suggest doing your research a little better and find a way to go back in time by about 6 years and try to live there like you live in NH and see how long you last. Go there and oppose the president using the freedoms granted to you by the Iraqi Bill of Rights and...oh...THEY DON'T HAVE ONE!! :O

It's not about oil, as many want to say it is. It's about not getting 'us' (everyone reading this no matter where you are) smeared across the map or wiped off of it.

One other thing, when the war began, the Hussein regime was firing on the allies with scud missiles and other warfare that he 'didn't have.'

Besides that, that government didn't deserve to exist. To say it did would be to say that it is okay for Saddam's son to go out, kidnap a girl, bring her to his 'love shack,' and rape her then kill her. That's death penalty stuff here in the US. Unless you're OJ Simpson.

I dropped out of the other discussion because it was bad.

Sir Didymus

Reaction score
Everytime I hear about this war, I think about that song on The Muppet Show with John Denver titled "Why can't we be Friends?". The Muppets did such a good job on that song........

Jake