Warner Home Video now distributing Sesame Workshop DVDs

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'd much rather have this any any EW DVD.
Agreed. I'd actually buy and sit through an Elmo's Musical DVD. I don't even try to acknowledge Elmo's World. It's an unsegment, and hopefully the book is closed on it once and for all.

Elmo the Musical is surprisingly enjoyable and cleverly written. Elmo's World desperately wants to be funny, and the best we can do are small mythology gags, tortured pun references to things, and maybe a good appearance by non-Elmo characters. Virtually anything is better than Elmo's World... except for Time to Play. That was brutal.

But I have to ask. Why wasn't there an Abby's Flying Fairy School DVD? I'm actually quite shocked there wasn't. We had a Bert and Ernie's Great Adventures DVD. We really should have got a volume 2, though. But no Abby?

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Anthony, everyone can have their own opinion. I know that you love these segments a lot, but that doesn't mean that everyone else has to like them. Sure, I enjoy them myself, but you don't see me bagging on people for not liking them. If they don't like Elmo: The Musical, that's their problem, no matter what the reason may be.
Good point. Still, like Drtooth said, unlike EW, ETM is actually funny and well-written.

JonnyBMuppetMan

Reaction score
I'd much rather have this any any EW DVD.
I agree. Repeating Drtooth's sentiments, I would willingly buy it and watch it over two hours of Elmo's World :laugh:

On a side note, does anyone else find it odd that the last EW DVD was released just this month and not last year, before Season 43 started airing?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
But I have to ask. Why wasn't there an Abby's Flying Fairy School DVD? I'm actually quite shocked there wasn't. We had a Bert and Ernie's Great Adventures DVD. We really should have got a volume 2, though. But no Abby?
I agree. Also, why no Super Grover 2.0 or Murray Has a Little Lamb DVDs? Heck, I'm surprised that Murray hasn't hosted any video releases yet (and there have been Sesame Street DVDs with original linking footage since Warner Home Video got the rights).

Drtooth

Reaction score
Would Super Grover 2.0 even have enough footage for a DVD? They're only about 5 minutes long, and there aren't really that many of them. I love them and all, but I'd rather see an Ernie and Bert's Great Adventures volume 2. Mostly because we're missing quite a few of those on American television.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Would Super Grover 2.0 even have enough footage for a DVD? They're only about 5 minutes long, and there aren't really that many of them. I love them and all, but I'd rather see an Ernie and Bert's Great Adventures volume 2. Mostly because we're missing quite a few of those on American television.
Do you know if all the produced ones have been broadcast? Because I'm sure the "Bert and Ernie's Great Adventures" DVD had episodes that hadn't been broadcast in America. Even if Super Grover 2.0 isn't long enough perhaps it could contain bonus classic Super Grover segments, other Sesame Street superheros (Super Morphin Mega Monsters, Teeny Little Super Guy, Captain Vegetable, Captain Breakfast) or maybe even those short Super Grover 2.0 segments that have been released on sesamestreet.org but to my knowledge haven't been on the show.

Drtooth

Reaction score
There are quite a few that haven't. I know of one that takes place in an art gallery I've only seen in Spanish on youtube, for one.

It seems the final 22 episodes haven't seen the light of broadcast yet, especially since one out of every 3 or 4 episodes even has one, and they're all reused ones.

Either they need to release these on DVD or online. They're absolutely sitting on them. I want to see them use them next season, but that's not going to happen.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Something else I'd like to see, if there aren't enough Super Grover 2.0 segments for one DVD, is a new Grover spotlight video, focusing on recurring segments and themes, done similar to how "The Best of Friends" was done: Four Super Grover segments, four Super Grover 2.0, four waiter Grover, four additional Mr. Johnson segments, four Professor Grover, four Global Grover, four Monsterpiece Theater segments starring Grover, four Grover and kid interactions, four Grover and Kermit, four Marshall Grover, and if there's any room left, four Grover songs and four additional Grover segments.

That would be sweet.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Something else I'd like to see, if there aren't enough Super Grover 2.0 segments for one DVD, is a new Grover spotlight video, focusing on recurring segments and themes, done similar to how "The Best of Friends" was done: Four Super Grover segments, four Super Grover 2.0, four waiter Grover, four additional Mr. Johnson segments, four Professor Grover, four Global Grover, four Monsterpiece Theater segments starring Grover, four Grover and kid interactions, four Grover and Kermit, four Marshall Grover, and if there's any room left, four Grover songs and four additional Grover segments.

That would be sweet.
Oh yes, absolutely! Are there any skits in particular that you'd want on there? :super: