Warner Home Video now distributing Sesame Workshop DVDs

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I don't think they're Target exclusives; they're also on Amazon.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I'm not surprised about those two 2-packs. Genius Entertainment put out some "Sesame Street Double Features". I wonder if these will be two on one disc, double-sided discs (do they still make double-sided DVDs?), or two separate DVDs (I know that the Double Features used two discs, even though it'd make more sense to just put them both on the same side)?

It's also interesting how one of those releases has two videos on a single theme (sleeping) while the other has two videos with unrelated themes (the alphabet and imagination).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well today I went to Target and saw the recent two-video releases. I didn't buy them, but looked at the back covers, and the back images are all new (or maybe new arrangements of stock photos) and are limited to a few characters: Big Bird, Elmo, Telly, Cookie Monster, Rosita, and I think Oscar.

And the captions don't always match. Like one image of Elmo and Telly has the caption "Dance Myself to Sleep". That should be an image of Ernie and Bert. And an image with the caption "Imagine That" has Rosita and either Elmo or Big Bird. That should be Ernie... Unless it's meant to represent the video and not the song.

These complaints are minor, especially since I don't plan to get them, but it's still strange.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
I'm already curious to see how this DVD release is going to be set up...

http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/C_is_for_Cooking_(video)

Coincidentally enough it comes out 2 days before my birthday, so if it looks promising, I'll definitely request this as a gift from one of my family members, or buy it myself with any money I receive.

Seeing as it will contain 2 hours of content, part of me thinks that there will be a bunch of clips and skits from the show about cooking.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Or more likely, two full episodes about cooking. The "Cast Iron Cooks" one seems like a given; I can't think of a second one they'd use, unless it's one from the upcoming season.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Or more likely, two full episodes about cooking. The "Cast Iron Cooks" one seems like a given; I can't think of a second one they'd use, unless it's one from the upcoming season.

Maybe the season 36 episode where Big Bird and Alan make birdseed cookies? Or perhaps the recent episode where Cookie Monster is once again accused of giving up cookies (though that one's really not about cookies)?

I don't doubt it can be a full two-hour video with just inserts and/or street stories (Best of Friends and the last two Elmo's World videos were that). Though I don't know of too many cooking segments to fill two hours (most of the ones I know of that I'd really want included have Cookie Monster).

Considering in the last two years there's been DVDs with bonus videos, I wonder if Elmo's Magic Cookbook will be included as a bonus feature. Or Cookie Monster's Best Bites (the linking footage involved cooking). Wouldn't it be cool if this included all ten of the Baker films (similar to Elmo's Magic Numbers including all of the Pinball segments)?

But we'll probably know more details in a few days.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Oh, of course, I should have guessed...

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Muppet Wiki has a picture of the cover and description for C is for Cooking. Just as I suspected, Elmo's Magic Cookbook will be a bonus feature. Interestingly, it says that the video has "over two hours of fun, including the bonus adventure Elmo's Magic Cookbook!" I wonder if that means the main program will be less than two hours but the extra video will add to the length.

And I can't tell by the description if this will be two full episodes, a release of multiple street stories and segments, or maybe even if it'll have original linking footage and segments (though I don't think there's been any two-hours-long videos with original footage). It mentions having the Murray Has a Little Lamb segment "Cooking School" and a segment with Elmo and somebody named Pilar making juice popsicles. And it mentions some food that the video teaches how to cook, but not if they're all part of the same segment or not.