1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Warner Home Video now distributing Sesame Workshop DVDs

Discussion in 'Sesame Merchandise' started by D'Snowth, Oct 16, 2009.

1. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Neither of those two segments are included on the DVD.

2. minor muppetz

Well, I just found that, although the opening is included, the closing credits are cut.

3. minor muppetz

I've seen that the next Sesame Street DVD is coming August 8, and will be the first Elmo's World DVD to contain episodes of the new format. It'll be titled Elmo's Wonderful World (ever since I saw the new opening, which has that among the lyrics, I've felt that the reformatted segments should have been titled Elmo's Wonderful World).

I wondered if maybe it would have all 25 episodes introduced this year. Muppet Wiki says that it'll be an hour, so with them being five minutes each, that'll be 12 episodes, so not the whole series yet. Then again, there have been previous DVD releases that listed incorrect run times before (remember when it was announced that The Best of Elmo 2 was to be 27 minutes?).

I got the Elmo Loves Animals DVD today, and it's interesting. The half-hour episodes from season 46 are pretty much presented as half-hour episodes, with the extra segments following the street stories, while earlier street stories are just presented as stand-alone street stories, without extra segments. The DVD actually opens with the season 46 opening (and the number 4603), but the opening and closing isn't presented with all the half-hour episodes. Also absent are the season 46 cold openings and the PBS outros.

4. minor muppetz

Well, on August 29, there's going to be a new DVD called Trick or Treat on Sesame Street, obviously Halloween-themed (and two months early). I think this will be the first time since Warner Home Video got the video rights that they put out two new Sesame Street releases in a single month (to be fair, one comes out near the beginning and this one comes out at the very end of the month).

I forgot to say before, when I talked about the announcement of the Elmo's Wonderful World DVD, but that one will contain two bonus episodes of The Furchester Hotel, marking the shows first region 1 DVD release. I think I said this sooner, but episodes of that show should have been a bonus feature on the Elmo and Cookie Monster DVD (since those two are regulars).

When I saw this question, I thought Tomato the Musical was one of the segments produced for season 46, one that had to be shortened for broadcast. Then I looked at the Elmo the Musical guide at Muppet Wiki and saw that it was broadcast before the show was shortened to a half hour (and before Elmo the Musical segments were edited).

But the DVD does have an Elmo the Musical segment. I don't really know off-hand if it's edited (though I did see it on television, I think when it premiered). I'll have to watch the DVD and time the segment to see it's length.

5. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

ETM: Prince wasn't edited on the DVD.

6. minor muppetz

I just saw that Once Upon a Sesame Christmas will be released on October 10.