Warner Home Video now distributing Sesame Workshop DVDs

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It's been announced that the next Sesame Street DVD after C is for Cooking will be "Being Brave", featuring stories and inserts about facing fears.

The Muppet Wiki page mentions one celebrity appearance, someone from The Sopranos. I searched that actors page on Muppet Wiki, and saw that he was in an episode about Zoe facing/learning about fear, so that's one street story that wll be included. The description also mentions Grover, Ernie, and Bert. I don't think there's any recent (as in since 2002) street stories where any of them face their fears, so they must be in inserts.

And most segments I can think of that involve those three are classic clips. The only non-classic clip with Ernie and Bert that involves fear is the remake of Imagination. Other segments I can think of that could be included are their trip to Egypt, the time they met Tough Eddie at the beach, and maybe the segment where Bert is late getting home and Ernie thinks maybe he was kidnapped by monsters (not sure if that would qualify as Ernie facing his fears). Grover segments I can think of include the season two segment where Grover is afraid of his shadow, where Grover is afraid of the dark, where Super-Grover "helps" a boy who's afraid of getting his hair cut, the sketch where Grover sees a group of monsters who he thinks might be mean, and maybe Monsters with Dirty Faces.

This would also be a good video release for the sketch where Cookie Monster sleeps over at Ernie's. Though it seems multi-part inserts normally don't appear on these kinds of releases (I could see them just including part 1, where Cookie is scared of things he sees in Ernie's room). And it'd be great if it has some Bad Bart or Sinister Sam skits (or maybe the one Mean Manny segment).

I wouldn't be surprised if it will have Elmo Says Boo or A Magical Halloween Adventure as a bonus, though the cover is already on Muppet Wiki and doesn't mention any bonus videos (it seems like all of the DVDs with bonus videos announce them on the front).

Oscarfan

Reaction score
It's been announced that the next Sesame Street DVD after C is for Cooking will be "Being Brave", featuring stories and inserts about facing fears.

The Muppet Wiki page mentions one celebrity appearance, someone from The Sopranos. I searched that actors page on Muppet Wiki, and saw that he was in an episode about Zoe facing/learning about fear, so that's one street story that wll be included. The description also mentions Grover, Ernie, and Bert. I don't think there's any recent (as in since 2002) street stories where any of them face their fears, so they must be in inserts.

And most segments I can think of that involve those three are classic clips. The only non-classic clip with Ernie and Bert that involves fear is the remake of Imagination. Other segments I can think of that could be included are their trip to Egypt, the time they met Tough Eddie at the beach, and maybe the segment where Bert is late getting home and Ernie thinks maybe he was kidnapped by monsters (not sure if that would qualify as Ernie facing his fears). Grover segments I can think of include the season two segment where Grover is afraid of his shadow, where Grover is afraid of the dark, where Super-Grover "helps" a boy who's afraid of getting his hair cut, the sketch where Grover sees a group of monsters who he thinks might be mean, and maybe Monsters with Dirty Faces.

This would also be a good video release for the sketch where Cookie Monster sleeps over at Ernie's. Though it seems multi-part inserts normally don't appear on these kinds of releases (I could see them just including part 1, where Cookie is scared of things he sees in Ernie's room). And it'd be great if it has some Bad Bart or Sinister Sam skits (or maybe the one Mean Manny segment).

I wouldn't be surprised if it will have Elmo Says Boo or A Magical Halloween Adventure as a bonus, though the cover is already on Muppet Wiki and doesn't mention any bonus videos (it seems like all of the DVDs with bonus videos announce them on the front).

A few thing:

-The Zoe/Sopranos star (James Galdolfini) bit is just a two-minute sketch, not a street story. The description mentions a fear of dogs, which was a street story from this past season.
-The description also mentions fear of thunderstorms, which there is an E&B sketch about
-If there were a bonus video, they'd mention it in the description or somewhere; I've heard no tell of one.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
-The description also mentions fear of thunderstorms, which there is an E&B sketch about
Oh yeah I don't think about that sketch often, though I did remember knowing about it right after I made my post. I don't remember seeing that sketch, but I've read that Bert eases Ernie's fear by telling him to imagine the sounds being flashes from Olivia's camera. Considering Olivia is mentioned I'll be surprised if that one is included.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well, some bonus features for "Being Brave" have been announced. It will have "A Celebration of Me, Grover!" as a bonus video. That's a surprising choice (I would have included Elmo Says Boo! or A Magical Halloween Adventure). It also mentioned a couple of bonus segments, "Grover talks about the dark" (I figured this one would be included, assuming it's the sketch I think it is and there aren't multiple skits involving Grover in the dark) and "Trip to the Doctor" (I have no idea what this is, probably a film).

I'm starting to think that the "2 hours of content!" advertised on the "C is for Cooking" and "Being Brave" DVDs include bonus features.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I'm starting to think that the "2 hours of content!" advertised on the "C is for Cooking" and "Being Brave" DVDs include bonus features.

I was just looking at the Muppet Wiki page for "C is for Cooking", and realize that it never says it's a 2 hour video. Oops.

Drtooth

Reaction score
C is for Cooking preview"

Apparently, Elmo is having a fun time making sunshine on a stick.

(and putting something in the freezer is NOT cooking no matter how hard you lobby for it. it's the exact opposite of cooking).

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Hey, some of the stuff from "Monstruous Supersanos" is there! And it seems Ryan's doing Elmo at the very beginning there.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I wonder if that means they're going to put some of those on the show. Like I always say, for a company that constantly has to resort to cost cutting measures, they always seem to lose that opportunity with internationally used skits.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The next Sesame Street DVD after Being Brave will be "Fairytale Fun". It will have four street stories. No word yet on whether it'll have any Sesame Street News segments (like Big Bird's Story Time and Silly Storytime did), hopefully it will (though there are many fairy tale-themed segments outside of Sesame Street News).

I guess this means we won't be getting Old School Volume 4 in November. Doesn't mean we won't get it in December (has there been a December release since Warner Home Video got the Sesame Street license?) or early next year (hopefully we won't have to wait another five years).