Warning: Fake Kermit Collar and Eyes Being Sold

Minstrel Murray

Reaction score
I was looking through the items for an upcoming auction and saw listings for an authentic Kermit collar and a pair of Kermit's eyes, but I knew these items were being misrepresented. I wrote to the auction company, and they said they have removed the items from the auction. However, since the items were being auctioned on consignment, the owner might try to list them elsewhere. There is a chance it was an honest mistake by the seller, and I think most of you would recognize them as not being authentic anyhow, but I still wanted to put out this warning. My email to the auction company is below:

I'm writing to you because I'm pretty confident that a couple of the items in your upcoming auction are being misrepresented. They are lots 182 & 183 (Kermit the Frog's Neck Frill & Kermit the Frog's Eyes). These items, along with lots 81 & 184, were part of a recent estate sale and were re-sold as an individual lot on Ebay. You can find the listing here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181121959586

If you look at the photos you can see what the Kermit neck frill and eyes originally looked like. They were part of a "satire costume kit", of which I assume there were multiples distributed to Henson employees, and I highly doubt that Kermit's actual parts were used for this purpose. Additionally, you can see why there are holes in the sides of the eyes. I don't think any fan of the Muppets would believe that the holes are there for "attaching to the puppet head" as your auction description suggests. I wish this item had been kept as it was, since it is very unique, and I would really suggest removing these now two items from the auction.