Was A Muppet Family Christmas CD ever in the works?

FunnyBear

Reaction score
I recently came across a neat site called Half.com, it's eBay but with only the Buy It Now option. On the site I came across this listing of The Muppet Family Christmas. The CD was to be released under the Jim Henson Records label, which means this was while the Henson Company did indeed still own the Muppets and Sesame Street characters.

CD Universe has a listing of it as well, though it appears to be in permanent back-order. CD Universe says the CD was released October 13th, 1994. AllMusic has a page for it too, albeit it lacks any new information.

Was this a CD all Muppet fan somehow missed, or the more likely case of it never being released. An oddity is that this CD is called "The Muppet Family Christmas" instead of "A Muppet Family Christmas". Perhaps this was a new Christmas album altogether? Does anyone have more information on this?

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
An official soundtrack for "A Muppet Family Christmas" would be awesome! Unfortunately, I don't think one exists. However, I think the CD you found a listing for may be referring to this release from "Nick at Nite"- https://www.amazon.com/Classic-Cart...sr=8-1&keywords="A+Classic+Cartoon+Christmas"

(This features a number of classic Christmas songs from various cartoons, including some tracks from "A Muppet Family Christmas", namely "Jingle Bells/Jingle Bell Rock" and "We Need A Little Christmas".)
:smile: