Was Baby Gonzo really popular?

GonzoWaltsfan

Reaction score
He got a lot more attention than the others, plus it seemed like they gave him special treatment with good songs. What do you think? I love Gonzo, I'm just curious what was up with that? Or did the writers love him as much as the fandom did? What do you guys think?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
True, he was like the outcast character because they played him up as the "weirdo." So there's naturally more story potential there.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The writers really liked writing for the character, and I can see why. I think Jeremy Scott stated that in his book about writing cartoon scripts. He really resonated with the character and therefore, he got the best lines and the best scenes. They gave him most of the personality flaws and made him the most imaginative of a cast of imaginative characters.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
The writers really liked writing for the character, and I can see why. I think Jeremy Scott stated that in his book about writing cartoon scripts. He really resonated with the character and therefore, he got the best lines and the best scenes. They gave him most of the personality flaws and made him the most imaginative of a cast of imaginative characters.
You can definitely tell when a writer has particular affection for a character.

I remember the episode where Camilla got attacked by the vacumn cleaner, I literally ran to my Mom crying, I felt so bad for Gonzo. I kept asking her for reassurance that everything would be OK at the end (I was too afraid to keep watching, lol).

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
The writers really liked writing for the character, and I can see why. I think Jeremy Scott stated that in his book about writing cartoon scripts.
Actually, that's Jeffrey Scott. Jeremy Scott is a fashion designer for the Muppets.

Anyway, there's no question that Gonzo was one of the most popular characters on the show. I don't think there was ever an episode where Gonzo didn't get a lot of attention.

Vicki Fraggle

Reaction score
Gonzo was always my favorite, and come on, he's the Great Gonzo, his potential is endless. You could put him in almost any situation, and he'd make the most of it. It's a good trait for kids to learn. I know he was my role model.... Explains a lot...