Was Eren Ozker hired for TMS?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Does anybody know if Eren Ozker was hired especially to perform on The Muppet Show, or did she perform before the muppet show began?

After all, she didn't perform in either of the pilots, I didn't see her name in the credits of any pre-the muppet show specials, and she wasn't on saturday Night Live. It is possible that she could have performed on Sesame Street and/ or the Muppet Meeting Films.

Both the internet movie database and the complete henson database don't list anything that she worked on before the muppet show. the only other henson productions lited on both sites were what i already knew she performed in: Emmit Otters Jug-Band Christmas and The Muppet Movie.

It would make sense if she was hired for the muppet show. after all, Fran brill was the main muppet performer in the 1970s, having performed in The Great Santa Clause switch, the Muppet Show: Sex And Violence, Saturday Night Live, Muppet Meeting Films, and of course Sesame Street. Considering that she only performed in two epsiodes of the muppet show, I wouldn't be surprised if Jim Henson decided that he needed a female performer, and hired Eren Ozker.

It is a bit strange that she didn't still perform with the muppets on a semi-regular basis. I know she left the muppet show to start a family in america, but she could have performed on Sesame Street or any specials or television appearances produced in america.

Gonzo14

Reaction score
i remember reading somewhere that she died, I know that she was alive when she left The Muppet Show, but is she dead now?

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0654804/

Yes, she died in 1993. I also remember reading (here, I think) that the reason she left TMS was to return to the U.S. in order to get married. This may have been in one of the interviews on the main site.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

Skekayuk

Reaction score
Somewhere in at least one interview (possibly more than one - would need to read through them to be sure), Louise Gold has certainly stated that she was hired for TMS because Eren left to get married.