1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Was this from SST or The Electric Company?

Discussion in 'Sesame Worlds' started by pagesidehigh, Nov 30, 2006.

1. pagesidehigh

pagesidehigh New Member

this dude, fred, singing, "my name is fred, they call me fred, and when i eat i butter up a slice of...." and some annoyed little guy would chime in, all annoyed "BREAD!"

duh nuh nuh nuh nuh

my name is fred, they call me fred
    and every night when i get tired...
    *cue annoying guy*
    HE GETS FIIIIIIIRED!!!

fred was tall, in a jumpsuit perhaps, w/maybe long red hair and his mouth didn't go along perfectly w/the song

i swear, i'd kill to see this again cuz NO ONE but my brother and i remember it
  2. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Sorry... Don't remember that one. You'd have to ask some of the more knowledgeable members with longer viewing histories of both or either shows than myself. Of course, you could always check http://muppet.wikia.com, as it's a great resource for all Muppet fans.
    Hope this helps, have a good day.
  3. sesameguy

sesameguy Member

Fred was on Sesame Street

It was definitely from Sesame Street. I remember it and your description is accurate. I wish I had a copy! Cute cartoon - the humor came from Fred not being able to figure out what the obvious words to the song were that rhymed with "Fred." "And when I'm tired I go to. . . uh. . ." :)
  4. Son of Enik

Son of Enik Member

Wow man...

That was always one of my favorite SS clips of all time!
    Good to see some others remember the good stuff!
  5. dkohn

dkohn New Member

My name is...duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhh

I LOVED this cartoon. Pretty sure it was Sesame Street. I have been looking for it for a long time. Please direct me to it if you find it; i will do likewise. Otherwise,

HE GETS FIRED!
  6. jowo

jowo New Member

This was my son's FAVORITE SS song/cartoon of all time. I used to sing it to him when he was about 1 1/2 or 2 and he'd laugh and laugh, especially to the HE GETS FIRED! I've been singing it to my most recent grandson but I'd love to see it on You Tube. Any chance anyone?

yay, it is on youtube. Happy Day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70rz6JGz4zk
  7. dkohn

dkohn New Member

My Name Is Fred...

Thank you so much!