Was "Twiddle Sticks" a real Muppet special?

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Being a huge fan of lost media, I regularly follow The Lost Media Wiki in hopes of finding some interesting cool stuff. Usually, whenever I visit the site it does not disappoint. I've found tons of awesome things on that Wiki before but today I found something particularly cool that totally stands out among the rest.

http://lostmediaarchive.wikia.com/wiki/Twiddle_Sticks_(lost_Nickelodeon_TV_movie);_Early_2000's

Was there really a sequel to Muppets from Space that got lost? I personally LOVE Muppets from Space, it was one of my all time favorite Muppet movies and I was quite ecstatic when I heard of this alleged "sequel". But after doing a little bit of research, I wasn't able to find anything else about the supposed "film" aside from what is listed on The Lost Media Wiki.

The Lost Media Wiki is generally considered among lost media fans to be the most trusted source about that topic. Thanks to the popularity of fictional lost episode creepypasta stories, the Wiki's mods always seem to fact checks everything after it gets posted just to make sure it isn't some made up creepypasta nonsense. So oddly enough, I'm kind of torn on this one. I do trust Lost Media Wiki overall but the fact that I can't find even the slightest mention of Twiddle-Sticks anywhere else seems a bit fishy to me.

So I decided to ask you guys, maybe someone on this forum with tons of obscure Muppet knowledge could help me figure out the authenticity of that page. Because if it isn't real, I am definitely going to inform the Lost Media Wiki mods about the page. I love that site and would hate to see some false information slip past the radar on an otherwise trustworthy site.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
This has to be fake. I have never heard any information about this before, and there's nothing about it on the Muppet Wiki.

Don't always believe everything you see on LMW. A lot of fake/fan fiction stuff tends to show up on there.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
If it is fake, I wouldn't be surprised. Lately fandom wikis are getting fanon articles listed alongside legitimate cannon articles. For example, if you go to the Living Dead Dolls Wiki and either do a search for or click on the link for the Female Dolls category, you'll end up with the dools that are actually part of the series and a bunch of made-up entries that shouldn't belong as well.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not opposed to fanon creations, it's more that the appropriate Wiki should pay more attention to sorting out what is fanon from cannon to prevent confusing anyone like what's happening with the query about Twiddle-Sticks in this thread. :confused: :skeptical: :rolleyes:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
It's definitely fake. But the concept sounds cool none the less.

Plus, considering Muppets from Space was a box office bomb and got mixed reviews, I doubt that movie would ever get some recognition again in terms of sequels.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
That's the Lost Media Archive, not the Lost Media Wiki.

Don't always believe everything you see on LMW. A lot of fake/fan fiction stuff tends to show up on there.
This is true for the Lost Media Archive, but I don't think I've ever seen any blatantly fake bootleg junk like this on the Wiki; this wouldn't even get an 'Existence unconfirmed' page.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
So, do you think I should let the mods of the Wiki know about the page? Being the huge LMW fan that I am, I would like to help out a bit by informing them of this instance of fake content.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Another "black flag" that would make a Muppet fan think this was fake is the title itself. Twiddle-Sticks? You mean like doozersticks, vegetable-powder based crystalline crunchable rods, made by Twiddlebugs? When Twiddlebugs are from Sesame Street and not the Kermit & others Muppets? Yeah, no. Report this to the respective authorities if you feel that would be the best course of action. Hope this helps.
:busy: :search: :fishy:

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
So, do you think I should let the mods of the Wiki know about the page? Being the huge LMW fan that I am, I would like to help out a bit by informing them of this instance of fake content.
No; the guy who created the Lost Media Wiki wants to blow the Archive out of existence.

The Lost Media Archive is the original Wiki, but the guy who made it moved to the Wiki and wants the Archive removed, but they (the powers that be) won't take it down; the Archive is a cesspool of junk.