watching stuff online.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Why is it that many sites, including Youtube must have you download some whatever you call it in order to watch something? I live at home and my dad won't do the uploading that neess to be done. Therefore I must go to the library to watch stuff. Don't know why but I'm sure there are many to either can't upload what they need to or don't want to perhaps because they don't want to risk anything.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
i have most of those things already on our computer when we got it. My problem is youtube doesnt load, period! I have the thing to watch, but they dont load.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
That doesn't answer my question. I can watch everything on youtube on the library computers.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I never had to download anything to watch the videos on YouTube.:confused:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Oh...oops, sorry. I could have sworn I typed what Snowthy typed before all that stuff:embarrassed:

Morgan Clueless

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
I never had to download anything to watch the videos on YouTube.:confused:
Your computer probably already had an up-to-date Flash Player and Java installed. But if that isn't the case, then someone must've done it while you weren't around; you need those two things to watch YouTube stuff.

As for the topic maker's question, I can't find a good answer for it--or at least, I can't find a good way to describe all the technobabble involved--but pretty much every site with videos requires some program or another for you to watch it. Sorry for not providing the best answer, but I guess the "required installations" stuff is just a way of life with computers. :sympathy:

~ Morgan "Can't Do Techno" Goat

PS: Usually libraries, whether at school or in the community, have PC's that are up-to-date with the basics, which I guess is a good thing, but in your case, it might be bad, depending on how far you live from it. It might only be worse if the filters are strict (ie: doesn't allow you to look through sites with the subject of or any involvement with video/computer games, MP3s, "stupid stuff", etc.).