Watchmen, 2009 Movie

Beauregard

Reaction score
Yeah, I was worried about that too. It's possible that people will think, "Oh! Superheros...we'll drag our kids to it." But it IS labeled 18 here in the UK, so it should be ok.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
What bothered me more about kids in The Dark Knight was not that their parents took them to see it (I've sadly gotten used to that outrageous idea by now) ... but that the kids didn't bat an eye (LOL ... "bat an eye"). Something seems off when your toddler isn't scared by sociopaths.

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
What bothered me more about kids in The Dark Knight was not that their parents took them to see it (I've sadly gotten used to that outrageous idea by now) ... but that the kids didn't bat an eye (LOL ... "bat an eye"). Something seems off when your toddler isn't scared by sociopaths.
Yeah, something is wrong with that. My Dad was scared frogless by The Dark Knight.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
There was a kid in a stroller in the theater when I went. I was embarrassed for the parents. I mean this is not your daddy's superhero movie.

Kiki

Reaction score
There was a kid in a stroller in the theater when I went. I was embarrassed for the parents. I mean this is not your daddy's superhero movie.
Lol, no kidding! :wink: I saw it yesterday with my brother (who's also a massive comic fan), it was really good! Violent as all ****, but the movie itself was brilliant and really well-done (not a movie you'd expect to have a Simon & Garfunkel song, lol).

Beauregard

Reaction score
...and nobody mention the blue bits. :eek:
*chokes on tea*

But seriously, I was mildly annoyed that everyone in the cinema giggled everytime he came on screen for that reason, because I was kinda impressed (well that came out wrong) impressed that they hadn't shirked the issue when making the film, or given him clothes. Because it was important to the fact that his humanity was slipping, for him to appear the way he did.

The official worst line in cinematic history: "Kissing you is like kissing a battery..."

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I am in profoundly in love.

And no, not Blue Boy.

I was more interested in Inkblot Boy (yes, I'm in no mood to spell it). I was totally "Harley-ing" over him (what is it with me and psychopaths?). I thought the whole movie was great, though my entire family is basically in agreement it should have been NC17. I mean, what else was there NOT to show?

Erine81981

Reaction score
I really enjoyed it. Now being that i had never ready the novel or knew anything about it i still got out of it what everyone else did that either has or hasn't read the comic. There were some parts that were a but slow for me but i still liked it as much as the next guy. And yes i did to laugh and giggle at Dr. Manhatten. But that's me for yea.

My favorite character was Horseshack. He for some reason just was funny and had that thing that most superheros don't have. Guts and didn't care about the world kind a of attuide.

Beauregard

Reaction score
*ahem* Rorschach.

One of my favourite characters was Mothman. I'd have loved to know more about what happened to him...