We absolutely NEED SSU back.

ssetta

Reaction score
It just so happens that I actually went to see a variety show tonight. It had singing, dancing, magic, and juggling, all in one show. This is very similar to what Sesame Street used to have in all its years, back before it went down the tubes. I mean, would you consider Sesame Street a variety show today? I wouldn't.

This is why we need Sesame Street Unpaved back. We now have 108 signatures, which is a lot for the last 2 months or so. I wish there was some way to actually like publish the news about getting rid of Unpaved in like a newspaper, or something like CNN. Because then it would be information known to the public. About how many signatures do you think it would take to keep SSU and vintage programming on Noggin alive?

Ernie101

Reaction score
Yeah it is a shame but SS today is Awesome!

ssetta

Reaction score
No it isn't. We need to do something to get it back. It is not awesome at all. Can you please help me?

ssetta

Reaction score
Or another thing I should have said was, for some reason, I thought the petition would actually work. Even though people tried to convince me that it wouldn't. I mean, if we could get all of our friends to sign it, it sure would have a lot more signatures. What I would like to know is if there was some other way to keep it on. Because the lady in Noggin programming did say that if there is some radical that happens, like Sesame Street Unpaved all of a sudden becomes the most popular show on Noggin (well, along with their other vintage shows), they would do something to keep it. I mean, no one has really thought much of my ideas. I mean, I said that I think there should be a CTW channel. Everyone's telling me that that will never happen. I mean, who ever thought that Noggin would come on? I think classic SS is more popular than most people think it is. Maybe even the people at Noggin don't realize how many people want it back, and how we feel about it. So, please help.

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
ssetta, the big problem is that not everyone has Noggin. If Noggin were available in the basic cable packages of everyone's cable system, and the show was advertised and aired in a time slot where everyone knew it existed, maybe you'd get a lot more signatures. But none of that has happened, and it looks like we are going to lose Sesame Street Unpaved. But life goes on.

ssetta

Reaction score
Life does not go on without Unpaved. Well, not for me, or some of us here, at least. Do you think it would be possible to publish this petition somewhere else? Like a newspaper, or CNN, or some public news service? Maybe then we would get more signatures.

I do know that the classic SS DVD collection petition does have a lot of signatures on it. Does that get advertised? I wonder how that happened. Maybe I could even start a new petition for a CTW channel. I mean, that wasn't even my idea to begin with.

ssetta

Reaction score
I just looked at some of the other petitions on that website, and I realize that when I first started the petition, I made a mistake in the place where it says, "to:", I entered in "Revive Sesame Street Unpaved," because I thought it meant something else. But now that I look at it more closely, I would put, "Noggin and Sesame Workshop." Is there any way to change that?

ssetta

Reaction score
I did notice that no one is responding to this, and I can understand why, but everyone seems to be thinking negative. And by the way, I just did something that's so crazy, it MIGHT work. I noticed that The N actually has a message board just like this, and I actually posted on that board about the petition, so that people would know what the original Noggin was like, and that they are phasing out the only shows that made it unique. It's on the Ghostwriter message board, because it just so happens that Ghostwriter is the only show in The N that Noggin originally had when they first came on. Maybe we'll even get more signatures.