We all have Four More Years to Live...

Status
Not open for further replies.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Everybody's predicting the world will end in the year 2012; what do you guys think?

IluvGobo

Reaction score
That's crazy; the world's not going to end in 2012. People are just making that up to scare everyone.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yeah!That exactly what I think and at the least, 30% of what you hear on 24 hour news networks.:stick_out_tongue: They can live in denial all they want.:shifty:

Beakerfan

Reaction score
I seriously doubt it will..... I hope it won't...... Do you realize how much I'm gonna have to cram into the next four years just so I can say "I did it" before I died?

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
Several sites such as this may be enough to scare you, but the people who write this stuff usually draw conclusions based on unproven assertions.

Case and point: observe the part of this site which says:

"Embodying the logic of the I Ching (ergo DNA since the binary logic of the I Ching and DNA are identical)], the principal star cycles inherent the transition of 2012 form a constant harmonic weave, presenting a perfect Logic that, according to the Maya, can be used to help us access higher states of consciousness and to align and synchronize ourselves with those cycles."

The I Ching is a tool for coming up with random sequences of choreography, but not for predicting the end of the world. And these folks have decided that the I Ching and DNA are identical, which doesn't make any sense.

They've based their argument on at least three different civilizations, as well as the assumption that people came from the stars. Even if you're a person who likes to take advice from esoteric and/or ancient teachings, rest assured that these people aren't so much offering you spiritual advice as trying to take your money: on the bottom of the second site, they offer music tracks as "gifts" in exchange for a donation, which they claim will help secure that you'll be saved.

In short: It's a poorly reasoned, confused mass of new age garbage. It's a pathetic attempt at controlling others through creating fear of apocalyptic change. I'm not buying any of it. The world is not going to end in 2012.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I seriously doubt it will..... I hope it won't...... Do you realize how much I'm gonna have to cram into the next four years just so I can say "I did it" before I died?
I hear you Beakie.

Personally, I KNOW the world is coming to an end EVENTUALLY, because God never promises tomorrow, BUT, I also feel people simply picked 2012 as the year of the end to scare everyone, because NO ONE knows for sure when the world is coming to an end... even Jesus doesn't know, and if God ain't telling Jesus, He sure ain't going to tell us!

Status
Not open for further replies.