We Have a Picture of Walter AND MORE NEWS!

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Unlike Angelo, Walter's face is open and inviting.
Aw, come on. Angelo is open, inviting, lovable and good-natured too. He even said that the Muppets are like a family...and anyone who ever says that is instantly listed as a kindred soul, in my book.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
If he ever got recycled, it'd probably be on Stuffed and Unstrung(where all former Muppet stars go! ...I kid)
I doubt it. That's from Henson, not Disney, though it seems some of the puppets used there were in post-sale Muppet productions. Still, Henson likely won't be involved with this movie.

Looking at the puppet, I feel he looks like he would belong on Sid the Science Kid.

Luke

Reaction score
I don't agree with that at all.

Let's be honest;

Kermit is not detailed at all.

Neither is Dr. Honeydew, or Scooter, or Beaker

Most of the classic Muppets are NOT "detailed" at all. They are very simple, yet they DO have a charm.

It is NOT their appearances that are complex, but their personalities.

In fact, new Muppets didn't start to look more complex and detailed until the Jim Henson Hour.

I really wish that folks would stop trying so hard to find something wrong.
OK maybe detailed was the wrong choice of word, more the rest of the classic muppets have something about their look ... lets call it a trademark Henson look, that means they kinda fit in with the rest of the family.

It has to be said, these new Muppets do look distinctly different from that. I do agree about the personality thing, and I felt Angelo also lacking that big time so it made the character even less likeable. We haven't seen Walter "in action" yet so i'll reserve judgement.

I don't get people who are Muppet fans taking every tiny thing that isn't 100% positive said by another fan as them just trying to criticise for the heck of it. There are some very valid points here, and everybody's opinion is as important as the next. It's meant to be a discussion forum, even the people actually making this stuff sit around and critique it in an effort to make it better, sometimes even here. I'm super looking forward to the film, I just want it to really be the greatest Muppet Movie ever!

:excited:

Nick22

Reaction score
angelo and walter just don't have the same "look" as the rest of the muppets. for some reason they just don't fit. they don't look right to me.

i also agree that the pig needs a makeover. the head, the hair. it's all wrong for piggy. go back to classic caper piggy, that's what i say.

also, gonzo needs to be fixed. i'm sorry, but his eyes-rully? who decided to do that? i don't know what happened, but the muppets are starting to look all wrong.

Nick22

Reaction score
That said, I like Walter. For some reason I thought he'd look less humanoid and more like a brown woodland creature. Did I read that somewhere or is that just jumbled in my head?
yeah you did hear it. when the first script was posted, it said something about walter being a plain brown muppet and there would be a running gag about what he was

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Aw, come on. Angelo is open, inviting, lovable and good-natured too. He even said that the Muppets are like a family...and anyone who ever says that is instantly listed as a kindred soul, in my book.
I’ve already spoken to you on this point. We all don't have to like everything you do! This is a discussion, not a contest to get people to agree with you. It's okay to like or dislike something and voice that, but you cannot continue to aggressively antagonize those who disagree with your opinion. Maybe forums aren’t for you.

I sincerely suggest you make an Angelo appreciation thread to voice your ideas on how wonderful he is rather than continuing to bug people. There you can create a space for only positive comments. But bullying other members into compliance on conversational threads is not okay.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
angelo and walter just don't have the same "look" as the rest of the muppets. for some reason they just don't fit. they don't look right to me.

i also agree that the pig needs a makeover. the head, the hair. it's all wrong for piggy. go back to classic caper piggy, that's what i say.

also, gonzo needs to be fixed. i'm sorry, but his eyes-rully? who decided to do that? i don't know what happened, but the muppets are starting to look all wrong.
I'll give you Piggy; she doesn't look so great in the photo (her snout looks really short and flat). Gonzo doesn't look so bad. His new design has grown on me. Nothing looks wrong with his eyes at all.

Mupp

Reaction score
Luckily, I made a point NOT to read any early scripts. That way, I don't set myself up for disappointment if changes occur.

Because obviously, things can always change.

There is a difference between constructive criticism, and just plain saying "this is wrong, I don't like it!"

As far as I'm concerned, both Angelo and Walter have the Muppet look.

Could it be that some people are just jaded?

After all, most of us first saw Kermit and the rest of the gang when we were young kids. And kids tend to be much less discriminatory.

Could it be that some people now just expect more than when they were kids?

The bottom line is, if Angelo and Walter were smack-dab in the middle of the original Muppet Movie final, or in one of the famous group shots with Jim Henson, no one here would bat an eye.

Its only because they are new that they are being judged so much.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
OK maybe detailed was the wrong choice of word, more the rest of the classic muppets have something about their look ... lets call it a trademark Henson look, that means they kinda fit in with the rest of the family.

It has to be said, these new Muppets do look distinctly different from that. I do agree about the personality thing, and I felt Angelo also lacking that big time so it made the character even less likeable. We haven't seen Walter "in action" yet so i'll reserve judgement.

I don't get people who are Muppet fans taking every tiny thing that isn't 100% positive said by another fan as them just trying to criticise for the heck of it. There are some very valid points here, and everybody's opinion is as important as the next. It's meant to be a discussion forum, even the people actually making this stuff sit around and critique it in an effort to make it better, sometimes even here. I'm super looking forward to the film, I just want it to really be the greatest Muppet Movie ever!

:excited:
100% agreed. I'm enjoying these different opinions. I'm glad that MC has evolved from the kiddie pool where everything must be sugary sweet, but sometimes there are efforts to yank it back to dullsville. There's no need for censorship as long as the information being voiced isn't technically incorrect or intended to upset people.

Walter looks energized, but not necessarily Hensonesque or too terribly distinct. I think Muppets Tonight really spoiled us for top-notch puppet design. Even the less interesting characters had a beautiful look to them. But then there are always the Bubble Bills with the generic look. Both Walter and Angelo are missing that Henson-branded simplistic look. I still think Watler pulls it off better. There's just not much life to Angelo's face. There's no vivid contrast in color or personality to his simplistic design thus rendering him kind of mush. Again, he's not bad. Just no spark. It's actually a little too clean looking. Our favorite Swede has so much character to his face even though he lacks eyes. The wild bushy brows, mustache and facial contours make him interesting to look at. Still, a meh-muppet is still superior to most other puppet gangs IMHO.

yeah you did hear it. when the first script was posted, it said something about walter being a plain brown muppet and there would be a running gag about what he was
Thanks for clearing that up. I suppose they went another way. I kind of wanted to see that ambiguous brown Walter, but this little guy seems fun too.

I wonder if the new dual eye mechanism has altered the exterior design of the Gonzo puppet. Disney does seem to be boosting the colors and cleaning up the designs. Janice looks fantastic these days. No more 80's pigtail! Scooter looks great too. Let's just hope these others received the same sort of polish before shooting.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Oooh! By the way. Something that most humans wouldn't care about, but fans will appreciate...Scooter's back in his shiny jacket! Did anyone notice that in the picture? They remade his jacket into a solid green cotton version a while back, but now it's back to TMS form! :wink: