1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

We Need Another Movie

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by D'Snowth, Aug 17, 2014.

1. DannyRWW

DannyRWW Well-Known Member

I think the third movie should have the Muppets trying to set up a show in Vegas.....this would complete the symmetry with the original films....a)a movie about the Muppets coming together b)a movie that is a caper film c) a movie about them trying to put on a big show

jvcarroll likes this.
  2. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Jamie should pitch all these ideas to Disney. :p

jvcarroll likes this.
  3. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

Who cares, I'm fine if a muppet series lasts 2 episodes. It'll be 2 weeks consecutively watching the muppets on TV :).

sesamemuppetfan likes this.
  4. Muppet Master

I think the muppets should make a new weekly web series where they spoof famous films, books, video games, and television shows. It should be 5-10 minutes long, and simply be called "The Muppet Parody Show".

Season 1 (2015)

Episode 1: Beakerstein
    Episode 2: The Good, the bad, and the Froggy
    Episode 3: Kermit and the Fly Factory
    Episode 4: Pigula
    Episode 5: Gonzo with the Wind
    Episode 6: The Three Muppeteers
    Episode 7: Frogfeld
    Episode 8: I Love Miss Piggy
    Episode 9: The Rhyme Machine
    Episode 10: Sherlock Homeless
    Episode 11: The Dogfather III
    Episode 12: Frog Wars
    Episode 13: Superbear
    Episode 14: Spiderfrog
    Episode 15: The Muppet Parody Show Clip Show
    Episode 16: Lord of the Things
    Episode 17: The American Captain
    Episode 18: Forest GrumpS
    Episode 19: Rats in Space (a parody of our own parody)
    Episode 20: Hecklers in Black
    Episode 21: Froger
    Episode 22: Super Frogio
    Episode 23: Doctor Moo
    Episode 24: Bork and Borkdy

5. DarthGonzo

DarthGonzo Active Member

I'm sorry, after two movies about the Muppets "playing themselves" and running around trying to continue their Muppet Show act, I'm REALLY ready for something different. Each of Henson's movies did something different with the characters. The two Disney films trap the Muppets in a world where they haven't been around for decades, are a joke of a performing troupe that can't really taken seriously, and are stuck with this mellow little guy who is only there because the first film made it so he HAS to be there.

Long story short, I want to see a change of pace.

DannyRWW and galagr like this.
  6. jvcarroll

jvcarroll Well-Known Member

The first film did just that, but the second...not at all. That was about moving forward.

Ideas I'd like to see:
    • A Pigs in Space Movie where they actually go to space this time!
    • An Electric Mayhem Movie where the focus is more on the band.
    • Some sort of Scary Muppet Movie where Muppet Labs and Muppet monsters could play prominent roles.
    But the most important thing is to not get bogged down in gimmick or premise. Let the Muppets be the Muppets instead of being slaves to numerous plot points.

LouisTheOtter and galagr like this.
  7. DarthGonzo

DarthGonzo Active Member

I really don't think MMW really moved forward all that much. "The Muppets" featured the characters regrouping to put on a show. MMW featured the Muppets moving on from the first film...only to just put their show on tour. The writers seem obsessed with the idea of simply re-creating "The Muppet Show" and placing the characters in the same roles they were in during the series.

8. jvcarroll

Playing the same roles? They're playing themselves. That's just silly. The best Muppet moments are when they just play themselves and put on a show (or a bunch of elaborate musical numbers) like TMM, GMC, MTM, MFC, the John Denver specials, VMX, and MMW. It's when they get too gimmicky that it comes out stilted. I favor the classic authenticity of the Muppets seen in the last film to some "Muppets Underwater", "Muppets Moby Dick" or "Muppets Spaghetti Western" sorts of ideas. Eugh.

LouisTheOtter and Pinkflower7783 like this.
  9. galagr

galagr Well-Known Member

Yes, yes, and yes! Those are all ideas that, not only would I like to see, but they seem like the most likely candidates in the event that another theatrical movie would be made.

Unfortunately, as much as I would like to think that the general public would flock to see a Pigs in Space or Electric Mayhem movie in theaters, harsh reality hits me and I realize that those movies would most likely fail unless they had Piggy and Animal plastered all over them. I think that those films would work better as direct-to-video releases than theatrical. If we're going to have Muppet movies with just Muppets, I have this bad feeling that not too many would be interested.

Unless, of course, they got cameos that would be actually fitting to the plot. Get Buzz Aldrin (or even some Star Wars characters, again) in Pigs In Space, Bill Nye or Neil Degrasse Tyson in the Muppet Labs movie, and some classic-not-tweeny-bop band in the EM movie and they'd be set.

10. jvcarroll

I could see a Pigs in Space featuring many cool cameos like you suggested, some Star Wars ones would be a no-brainer since Disney owns them too. I'm sure you could get Kermit in there as a reporter, Bunsen and Beaker in there as scientists at NASA etc. There's a lot that could be done to expand and exploit the premise and everybody knows of Pigs in Space.

A Mayhem movie could include all sorts of music cameos cross-genre. I can't imagine any musician wanting to turn that down.

I like the scary movie idea just because it could take place in the Muppet Theater and in that neighborhood. I'd really like to see them exploit that world. The best parts of TMS were behind the scenes. An entire movie of that would be fun.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2014
  11. DannyRWW

DannyRWW Well-Known Member

Actually I agree. I was only joking with my comment, but you bring up a good point, they need to do something new. Their almost seems to be too much of an obsession with putting on muppet show sketches. Though I like Walter and am sure they can find a place for him. I like him in the sort of naive intern role.

LouisTheOtter likes this.
  12. Pinkflower7783

The thing is,is it's really hard to try and think of a plot that hasn't already been done. I would also like to see a Pigs in Space or even like I said a Halloween special. Kermit even expressed an interest in doing a Halloween type show in an interview. There's so many things they could bring back if Disney would just take the chance. And I would also like to see the electric mayhem focused on more. But like galagr said in reality I don't think they'd do well without Kermit in them.

I am still holding out Disney sees the Muppets can still make it and let them back on tv again.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2014
    galagr likes this.
  13. jvcarroll

Muppet plot should always be secondary to Muppet fun.

14. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Well-Known Member

I hate to be a downer, but I have to again with DrTooth, a new Muppet TV series was NEVER in the cards, even if MMW did really well in the box office. I think it's more likely we'll get the third film before a new TV series.

LeahXZoot4Evur likes this.
  15. Pinkflower7783

Or we won't get either how about that?

16. jvcarroll

Oh, I certainly think a TV show of some sort has been on the minds of Disney. That's what Disney Drive On is all about. They're testing the waters. Whether that will happen now and/or if it ever does whether it would be streaming or network is certainly anybody's guess.

Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  17. LeahXZoot4Evur

LeahXZoot4Evur Well-Known Member

Maybe another movie could just be about an Electric Mayhem adventure.

Team E.M! They deserve their own movie, rully.

:D:sing::flirt::cool::halo:

jvcarroll and LouisTheOtter like this.
  18. terrimonster

terrimonster Active Member

Now that Link is back I'm holding out for a Bear on Patrol web series or buddy cop film.

Muppet Master likes this.
  19. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I think they need to do more of the viral videos or "Muppisodes". And theatrical shorts. Those would be great.

20. Muppet Master

Yes please! I would love to see more of Bear on Patrol, there were only eight sketches that had the "Bear on Patrol" format. I think they did something with Bear on Patrol in Kitchen with Cat Cora.