1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

We Need Another Movie

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by D'Snowth, Aug 17, 2014.

1. GonzoLeaper

GonzoLeaper Well-Known Member

When did Scooby-Doo reference "Labyrinth"? As a big fan of Scooby-Doo and Labyrinth, I'd definitely be interested in seeing that!:) [And on a somewhat related note, now that I'm posting smilies at the end of my post- could we maybe get a Labyrinth smiley? I'd love to see one for Hoggle, Ludo and Sir Didymus.....and others, of course.]

2. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Suddenly I'm reminded of this scene.

3. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

In one episode of the Mystery Incorporated show, they had a character obviously based on Jareth as one of the monsters.

And for the record... Venture Bros- David Bowie was a character in it, he turned into a bird (just not an owl)... it's a stretch, but pretty clear that it was based on his Labyrinth character... and Secret Mountain Fortress Awesome did a full episode parody that even referenced the Magic Dance song, bog of eternal stench and the ballroom dream sequence.

4. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

5. GonzoLeaper

Great- thanks for the info! I figured it had to be Scooby-Doo, Mystery, Incorporated.
    Nice.:)

6. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Well-Known Member

We really need to do some further investigation into this to find out whether or not The Muppets Studio really still exists as a seperate subsidiary and if Lylle Brier is really still in charge.

Also, some of our insiders need to find out why they're not doing these same strategies as before anymore (ie: why are they not making new viral videos, etc.).

muppetlover123 and galagr like this.
  7. beatnikchick300

beatnikchick300 Well-Known Member

I think of those, a special is most likely. It might be too late for a Christmas special for this year (unless, by chance, they've been making it, and just keeping it hush-hush), but maybe a non-holiday special or TV movie could happen in the next year or so (maybe even a Christmas special in 2015).

jvcarroll likes this.
  8. GonzoLeaper

It seems doubtful that a special or anything would be happening this year (but I'll certainly welcome it if so). I'd enjoy seeing another Muppet TV-movie or special of some sort. I LOVE Christmas, so I always welcome new Christmas specials with the Muppets! But I wouldn't mind seeing something different too- maybe an Easter, Thanksgiving or that Halloween special that was talked about a while back. Or a non-holiday special altogether.

Duke Remington likes this.
  9. Dominicboo1

Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

What's the episode title I'd LOVE to see it.

10. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

Of course, that is exactly what to do, and worse is that they have transformed muppets.com into a MMW website, it should be a site full of videos and games, and not a site to promote MMW, we really need Disney to do more videos like what they used to do a while back when there were new muppet movies.

11. BlakeConor14

BlakeConor14 Well-Known Member

How about a muppet star wars special wit cameos from original cast members of star wars or aset of spoofs like: a shrimps story, (toy story), the dogfather, pig wars (star wars) and muppets assemble (avengers assemble)

12. Drtooth

The last thing we need is a Scary/Disaster Movie type vehicle for the Muppets. Or yet another Star Wars parody period.

13. BlakeConor14

BlakeConor14 Well-Known Member

Dr tooth what about a pugs in space star wars special

14. Drtooth

If Disney wants to cross-promote the franchises similar to the way they handled the Phineas and Ferb crossover and make a short Muppet/Star Wars crossover, I'd be for it. Just not an entire Family Guy style parody series.

I do not think the Muppets need a film that's entirely based on flat movie parodies. VMX was partially like that, but managed to have it's own voice.

mr3urious and Muppet fan 123 like this.
  15. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

dwayne1115 likes this.
  16. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

The P&F/Star Wars crossover was definitely a refreshing way to parody SW without it being a straight-up retelling: by having them play original characters intertwined in the SW story.

Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  17. Drtooth

The only thing that was disappointing about P&F Star Wars was they released it just as Disney wanted out of the P&F business. So no merchandise was made (save for a keychain you get from buying the Target edition DVD). Especially since there were plush versions of Perry's appearance in the Marvel crossover. Kinda wanted a Darthenschmirts figure.

But aside from that, Disney let P&F play with their expensive new franchises, even the Muppets if you count the Piggy appearance on their short lived talk show interstitial. The Muppets got thrown to bad Disney pop stars and a bad Disney Tweencom. Sad thing is, Muppets already have played with those franchises, well before the idea of selling them to Disney. While Marvel would be a stretch, I don't see why they don't do some short Star Wars type thing. Muppets have always had a connection, and not just the fact Frank Oz played one of the iconic characters. Yet, I'd hate to see them take the Family Guy approach and parody the film. P&F did it right through the Rozencrantz and Gilderstien are dead route (or is it Rozenstein and Gilderkrantz).

Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  18. Mr Sweetums

Mr Sweetums Active Member

It's been a year since MMW was released and sadly only now are we getting new Muppet material. I think it's safe to say that before we get another movie we need a TV Show, TV Special, perhaps a TV Movie but the Muppets need to do something big which is basically free before they attempt at making another movie. As much as I'd love a new movie, for now I don't want to see one.

Duke Remington and cahuenga like this.
  19. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

Peter Linz posted on Facebook that they're filming something today. He didn't say what, but it's great to see they're filming some new stuff.

20. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

That's awesome!