1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

We Need Another Movie

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by D'Snowth, Aug 17, 2014.

1. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

2. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

Apparently this was for some sort of photo shoot.You can find a few more images on the uploader's Instagram page.

3. jvcarroll

jvcarroll Well-Known Member

Well, what they could do in the MTM tradition is to go around and pitch an idea for a movie or a television show (instead of a Broadway show) and have it based in Hollywood. That's basically what MTM was. It's such a loose concept and I think that's important. Too much plot is a bad thing. And trolling around Hollywood presents a lot of opportunity for cameos and dance numbers. Maybe the show they could be trying to put on could be centered around the Electric Mayhem and a concert. That's been mentioned on the forums before. Anyway. that sort of simple idea, if written well, is all the Muppets really need. Ultimately, all it has to be is funny. Everything else is window dressing.

4. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

That idea's nice and all, but I wonder if there's a way to take the one good cue from MFS's concept and do something that's more of a character piece without some aspect of show business in the plotline. The only films that don't have that as a backdrop are GMC, MCC, MTI, and MFS. Even MWOOZ was about showbiz dreams. I'd love to see some sort of grand adventure where they don't propose a musical, have to throw a benefit show, go on a road trip to fulfill their destiny as big time stars. After the last two movies being based on comeback shows/tours, I think the time is right for a different Muppet plot line. There's got to be an angle in there somewhere that would work beautifully.

beatnikchick300 likes this.
  5. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

My dream Muppet project would be a sitcom along those lines. It could be set in Los Angeles and loosely about them trying to film a movie or do a TV show, but mostly about their day-to-day lives. I think it could work, with good writing of course. I've always seeing the Muppets interact with "real people", and I think a lot of comedy could come from that.

WalterLinz and cahuenga like this.
  6. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

So Kevin's a male model now? I guess we won't see Clifford in whatever this new thing is.

7. cahuenga

cahuenga Active Member

I hope he will be back to the muppets again!!!

8. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

Why is it that every time I finally manage to fend off a huge crush on Bill Barretta, the internet throws something at me to spark it back up?

I mean, c'mon! The man is handsomeness personified!!! :flirt::flirt::flirt:

9. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Are we sure that pic is recent and wasn't taken a few years ago? I just want to make sure before we start getting excited about any possibilities that Kevin is somehow officially working with the Muppets again.

That said, I'm sorry, but Bill and Kevin don't really look like Frank Sinatra or Sammy Davis, Jr. I'm sure they can sound like them, though.

cahuenga likes this.
  10. cahuenga

cahuenga Active Member

who uploaded the picture two dais ago said it was from yesterday, so the picture it was taken last Sunday...

11. DARTH MUPPET

DARTH MUPPET Active Member

May be Disney figures that the Box Office Numbers were so poor for MMW that they would try a different Marketing strategy next time around with a Theatrical movie, basically don't tell anybody we started Filming ?

12. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

This clearly isn't a movie.

13. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

Of course it's not. We would know by now if it were. Never heard of a big studio like Disney shooting a movie without anyone noticing.

It's probably for something online, or something for TV.

14. DARTH MUPPET

well Like I said May be they did not like the Box Office numbers and wanted to try a different Marketing strategy, I know a big long shot but Hey, who knows? :insatiable:

I would think there would be a Press release for a TV show as well?

15. WalterLinz

WalterLinz Well-Known Member

I know, sorry...:o

16. DARTH MUPPET

I can dream cant I? :) I know It Isn't a Movie but, I REALLY WANT ANOTHER MOVIE, by these film makers! I really Loved the Heck out of The Muppets and MMW and IMHO it wouldn't feel right with out one last film by these guys, A trilogy!!! :)

17. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

That's not how movies work. I've never heard of a movie being produced in secret, except for well, Strange Magic, but that's only because Disney was dumped with doing that stupid movie.

18. DARTH MUPPET

I don't really think they are making a movie but as I said, "One can dream" .... :)

19. MuppetMan28

MuppetMan28 Member

So I am comming back for this, on the Instagram page from the poster who uploaded the picture with the swinetrek set is another picture with someone who is holding a thing what sais: Muppets YouTube.
    https://instagram.com/p/0jvVz9SPJB/

Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  20. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Debatable as it is if they should have another movie or not (which most fans can agree they want another), there's no doubt the Muppets should be keeping up on Youtube.

Click bait vs. 10 bucks a head (or more) movie, click bait's gonna win every time. It's cheaper to produce and easier to get the word out. Casual fans who can't be bothered to see 90 minutes of the Muppets because they feel they've outgrown them on that level will love seeing a wacky, nostalgic trip that lasts 5 or less. And no matter all the talk about MMW not making that much money, they didn't exactly rush to create a lot of viral videos after the successful enough to be called a success TM film, either. And while it's debatable if that's why MMW underperformed, it's baffling that they had so much success with Bohemian Rhapsody only to not keep that up.

crazy chris likes this.