We Need Another Movie

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
It's been referenced by Scooby-Doo,
When did Scooby-Doo reference "Labyrinth"? As a big fan of Scooby-Doo and Labyrinth, I'd definitely be interested in seeing that!:smile: [And on a somewhat related note, now that I'm posting smilies at the end of my post- could we maybe get a Labyrinth smiley? I'd love to see one for Hoggle, Ludo and Sir Didymus.....and others, of course.]

Drtooth

Reaction score
When did Scooby-Doo reference "Labyrinth"? As a big fan of Scooby-Doo and Labyrinth, I'd definitely be interested in seeing that!:smile: [And on a somewhat related note, now that I'm posting smilies at the end of my post- could we maybe get a Labyrinth smiley? I'd love to see one for Hoggle, Ludo and Sir Didymus.....and others, of course.]
In one episode of the Mystery Incorporated show, they had a character obviously based on Jareth as one of the monsters.

And for the record... Venture Bros- David Bowie was a character in it, he turned into a bird (just not an owl)... it's a stretch, but pretty clear that it was based on his Labyrinth character... and Secret Mountain Fortress Awesome did a full episode parody that even referenced the Magic Dance song, bog of eternal stench and the ballroom dream sequence.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
In one episode of the Mystery Incorporated show, they had a character obviously based on Jareth as one of the monsters.

And for the record... Venture Bros- David Bowie was a character in it, he turned into a bird (just not an owl)... it's a stretch, but pretty clear that it was based on his Labyrinth character... and Secret Mountain Fortress Awesome did a full episode parody that even referenced the Magic Dance song, bog of eternal stench and the ballroom dream sequence.
Great- thanks for the info! I figured it had to be Scooby-Doo, Mystery, Incorporated.
Nice.:smile:

Duke Remington

Reaction score
The Muppets basically have the same problem they've had for the past couple decades - they do a major project then take too long deciding what the next major project should be that by the time it finally happens, they've "cooled" and it becomes another "comeback".

Even between The Muppets and MMW, even though the decision to make a sequel was done rather quickly, there was still do much time between the two and they weren't really doing anything between aside from dvd promotion. They went from the 2011 movie and major fullscale promotion to another major promo blitz when the dvd came out. Crickets. Promotional blitz for MMW where they had to get back into the public eye after having laid low for awhile (which is what i think affected the performance) then another promo blitz for MMW dvd.

But the thing is instead of doing a whole bunch of things around a release, they should be a fairly constant stream of little but effective things in between to keep their momentum going. Things like the Muppisodes (of which there should have been more) or just viral videos not connected with plugging the films should have been rolling out on the regular to keep up the interest. Keep things rolling like traveling on a highway regular and fast, not like a bus stopping then starting, stopping then starting. Keep them from "going anywhere" so they don't have to make a "comeback" when the next Biggie project is ready because they won't have gone anywhere.

I think part of that comes from the current organizational structure of The Muppets within Disney. At first there was a specific Muppets Studio division first headed up by Chris Curtin which was getting the Muppets off to a great start getting them out with multiple platforms and that was going well until internal politics across Disney leadership took him out and replaced with Russell Hampton who really wasn't a "Muppet person" and didn't really care too much about his job in that position. Thankfully that was shortlived and Lylle Breier took his place and it was more what you saw with Curtin's tenure but better (with some slight monkey wrenches thrown in the mix with the writers strike period). It was the various seeds Breier was planting that caused the Muppets' popularity to grow and lay the groundwork for the success they had with the 2011 movie. But around that time, from what i've been able to gather (i've never really gotten any clear answers on this), the operational structure of the Muppets, once they started working on the movie shifted to where Breier was no longer actually in charge of them and they've since basically been handled/managed by the movie promotion team. They need another Lylle Breier (if not herself back in the position) specifically looking after the Muppet franchise's best interests on a constant basis and not just patchwork streams of promotion once a movie or dvd is "ready". (And when doing the promotional blitz for the dvds, they need to remember that not everyone has blu-ray and that good extras need to be on both dvd and blu-ray - otherwise you're leaving out part of your target audience and wasting all this great new stuff on only a portion of those who will be able to view them thus creating a level of apathy in those who would normally be excited about the home release.)

Viral videos need to be a big part of that strategy again - we need the kind of stuff they were doing in the late 00's between projects as well as a return to what muppets.com was like at that time with regular updates and inspired random lunacy.
We really need to do some further investigation into this to find out whether or not The Muppets Studio really still exists as a seperate subsidiary and if Lylle Brier is really still in charge.

Also, some of our insiders need to find out why they're not doing these same strategies as before anymore (ie: why are they not making new viral videos, etc.).

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
The chances of another Muppet movie are 50/50 to me. If not a movie, some other big production, a TV series or special or something. They've got some decent success, still slightly underground, but getting there.
I think of those, a special is most likely. It might be too late for a Christmas special for this year (unless, by chance, they've been making it, and just keeping it hush-hush), but maybe a non-holiday special or TV movie could happen in the next year or so (maybe even a Christmas special in 2015).

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
It seems doubtful that a special or anything would be happening this year (but I'll certainly welcome it if so). I'd enjoy seeing another Muppet TV-movie or special of some sort. I LOVE Christmas, so I always welcome new Christmas specials with the Muppets! But I wouldn't mind seeing something different too- maybe an Easter, Thanksgiving or that Halloween special that was talked about a while back. Or a non-holiday special altogether.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score

What's the episode title I'd LOVE to see it.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
We really need to do some further investigation into this to find out whether or not The Muppets Studio really still exists as a seperate subsidiary and if Lylle Brier is really still in charge.

Also, some of our insiders need to find out why they're not doing these same strategies as before anymore (ie: why are they not making new viral videos, etc.).
Of course, that is exactly what to do, and worse is that they have transformed muppets.com into a MMW website, it should be a site full of videos and games, and not a site to promote MMW, we really need Disney to do more videos like what they used to do a while back when there were new muppet movies.