We Need Another Movie

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's been a year since MMW was released and sadly only now are we getting new Muppet material. I think it's safe to say that before we get another movie we need a TV Show, TV Special, perhaps a TV Movie but the Muppets need to do something big which is basically free before they attempt at making another movie. As much as I'd love a new movie, for now I don't want to see one.
To be perfectly honest, TM was a modest success, a sequel was announced not too long after, but we didn't exactly see a wave of Muppet stuff after that first movie. Maybe some promotion when it hit DVD, but that was about it. Even after a period of modest success, they were all too cautious with the characters for fear of overexposure (though every other franchise they own is pretty overexposed), and then had a huge burst right up for MMW. Maybe had they kept the momentum going after the first movie, there would have been more interest. I'd say having the interstitial and other taped things a year after the movie that wasn't as successful was more than they did for the movie that was.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Woo-hoo! I'm a huge Tom Bergeron fan, so anything that combines both him and the Muppets automatically earns awesome points with me! :excited:

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
If you zoom up on Tom's card, it says "YouTube" at the top, but I can't make out any of the other letters. They're obviously filming something for Youtube, but I have no idea what.

galagr

Reaction score
If you zoom up on Tom's card, it says "YouTube" at the top, but I can't make out any of the other letters. They're obviously filming something for Youtube, but I have no idea what.
The date 3/23 seems to have a bit of significance as well.

WalterLinz

Reaction score
Hm...you know after The Muppets film a video there must be a looot of editing and polishing up, but still, it'd be awesome if it were released tomorrow!:stick_out_tongue:

I also read Tom is leaving AFV and he said he's taping the final episode at Disneyland...soo it could be possible that they're filming over there, I dunno.:smile:

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Maybe the production wraps on the 23rd. I don't know how quickly they can roll these out, so you have a good point.