We really need serious changes to the forum

Drtooth

Reaction score
We're all sick of trolls and spammers wasting everyone's time. We should really think about the following.

We need to do something about how members sign up. We need a waiting period back, or some sort of quiz or something. We also need stronger ips blocks. I know the mods are doing everything they possibly can, but they're running ragged trying to clean this board up.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Having the same troll pop up 3 times in less than 24 hours shows there's something wrong with the forum. Not the mods, not the admins... the forum's software.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Actually, it's four times now, there was an extra duplicate account killed off earlier this morning.

I'd also recommend keeping the "Spam Cleaner" button attached to a member's profile permanently, not just based on a short period of time so they can be banned regardless of when they signed up relevant to the date they show their true colors as spambots. And a way to be able to ban current members who are nothing but spambots as well.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
What needs to be done is an IP blocking... now, unless the troll is able to change his own IP address, or has access to multiple different computers hooked up to different networks, then that's what needs to be done, because with Yahoo!, Gmail, Hotmail, etc., the troll is going to be able to register multiple different email addresses, and allow himself back onto the forum; the IP address is where the counterattacks need to start happening.

Drtooth

Reaction score
If only there was a way to track him through his ISP and put him on some sort of blacklist or something. This guy is no ordinary Troll. He's not doing it for the lulz or to PWN anyone... he's seriously mentally disturbed. Danger to himself and others.

Didn't Bobthepizzaboy once say this guy was dangerously crazy and kept stalking him on Youtube, and became very disturbing when Bob didn't have some clip of something?

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
Is there a way to track the accounts to his email, and report his email account to someone?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Email isn't going to solve matters, with so many free services out there for email (Yahoo!, Gmail, Hotmail, among others), it can easily register a new email addy and use that to register a new account here.

Like I said earlier, what needs to be done is blocking its IP address, that will block it altogether, even from viewing the forum as a guest; the problem is if its clever enough to change its IP address (and even if it could, it would only differ by a number or two), or has access to different computers, or even views the forum through a proxy server, then it can still create new accounts, but the best solution is to block its IP address.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Something tells me he's a big enough loser to do that.

I really think that someone needs to report him to the authorities. He needs to be locked in a padded cell.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'VE done that before.

Granted, looking back on it in retrospect, I think I pretty much did get what I deserved, however, I was pretty much cyberbullied by an entire forum for a couple of different reasons, and then I was completely blocked and banned, as the admin and mod claimed I was the one instigating trouble, even though they bullied me just as much as the rest of the forum. Now I'm unsure how to actually go about changing my IP address (though I suspect that Comcast does it frequently, because I've noticed my IP address never stays the same for long whenever I look at Wikipedia histories), but a really sneaky tech savvy friend of mine told me a proxy servers that disguise/hide your IP address from websites you view, giving you true anonomity, so with that, I was able to get back into that forum, so I could see what they were still saying about me, and read about other crap that they've made up as well (one guy attached a fake email to a post, with my name and addy on it and everything, saying that I sent it to him and all).