1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Monday August 6 on PBS. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Dismiss Notice

Weekly Box Office & Film Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jvcarroll, May 20, 2012.

1. ConsummateVs

ConsummateVs Well-Known Member

I kind of, sort of used to like talking dog movies when I was younger (like 7 or 8 years old), but now I hate most of them for several reasons.

1. The writing is usually horrible and extremely cliched, with plots that have already been done a million times before.
    2. They tend to be pretty cheap and poorly done, as if they were mass-produced.
    3. The "comedy" is usually very juvenile, including poop and fart jokes.
    4. The acting is usually pretty half-a$$ed, like the actors (both live and voice actors) just do not want to be there and are only there for a paycheck.
    5. The poor dogs seem to look pretty miserable throughout some of these movies.
    6. The CGI mouths on the dogs tend to look ugly and disturbing.
    I hate that these stupid movies keep getting churned out. But if the kids like them and their grandmas keep buying them from the Walmart discount DVD bin or renting them from Redbox, then I guess they'll just keep on comin'. :rolleyes:

mr3urious and Froggy Fool like this.
  2. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

Here's a good animal movie drinking game.

"No animals were harmed in the making of this movie."

ConsummateVs likes this.
  3. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

:concern:: "Hey, you don't see us putting those disclaimers up for Muppet movies, do you? No! The animals don't mind getting hurt because they're artists"

Froggy Fool and LittleJerry92 like this.
  4. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

5. Pig's Laundry

ConsummateVs likes this.
  6. MikaelaMuppet

Unfortunately, yes. :(

7. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

i cant help but wonder if this trend is just a bunch of women wanting fame and the easiest way is to accuse people of sexual harassment

as far as apologizing...could be for PR. It looks better to apologize than deny any wrongdoings when you have multiple people pointing fingers at you, whether or not anything actually happened.

not saying he didnt do anything but i do have to wonder how many of these recent claims are true, given the sheer number of them

ConsummateVs likes this.
  8. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Didn't he actually marry a much younger family member?

9. Sgt Floyd

i should rephrase that last statement. i wonder how many claims of actors sexual harassment in general are actually true.

10. Pig's Laundry

Well, perhaps some of them are untrue, but if any women came forward with false claims, it might have more to do with supporting the actual victims. I mean, let's face it, the majority of people are not going to take these things seriously unless at least three people come forward.
    But, honestly, it wouldn't surprise me all that much if most of them were true. I mean, we've heard countless stories at this point of victims not being able to say anything for fear of backlash, damage to their careers, damage to their lives, etc. So, depending on how powerful the celebrity is, they could probably get away with it pretty easily.

11. Sgt Floyd

you'd be surprised how many people would choose to ruin someone else's life if it meant fame and money
    or pettiness. its easy to lie about something serious and have people believe you, because they're such serious accusations. You need to be a pretty twisted individual to lie about something like that, but it does happen.

All I'm saying is I find it really really strange that there are so many reports of incidents coming into light all at once

ConsummateVs likes this.
  12. MikaelaMuppet

13. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

14. Pig's Laundry

The new Bumblebee movie trailer is out and it actually looks like it could be decent...

I mean, the writers and the director at least look like they kind of know what they're doing. I mean, not ugly cinematography, a female main character who isn't overly sexualized, less in your face product placement, no American flags and weird, over the top patriotism, no unnecessary explosions (as far as we know), oh, and most importantly- no Michael Bay!

15. mr3urious

16. D'Snowth

Well, so far, I'm surprised by the positive reception to the release of the trailer for the new live-action DUMBO . . . I mean, aren't people getting sick of Disney's live action remakes, sequels, prequels, sidequels, whatever?

17. Sgt Floyd

its tim burton. that's the only reason people are being positive

i think people forget tim burton hasnt actually had a good movie ever, and the nightmare before christmas wasnt his movie despite his name being on it

18. D'Snowth

Well, PEE-WEE'S BIG ADVENTURE was his directoral debut. That was good.

19. Froggy Fool

Froggy Fool Well-Known Member

I always like Edward Scissorhands.....

Hayley B likes this.
  20. mr3urious

Let's not forget Ed Wood. And I feel that his stop-motion remake of Frankenweenie was a nice return to form. I've also been hearing good stuff about Big Eyes.