1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Help Muppet Central Radio
    We need your help to continue Muppet Central Radio. Show your support and listen regularly and often via Radionomy's website, official apps and the WinAmp Media Player. Learn More

3. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Weekly Box Office & Film Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jvcarroll, May 20, 2012.

1. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Um, Batman?

Froggy Fool likes this.
  2. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

3. ConsummateVs

ConsummateVs Well-Known Member

I just went and saw Incredibles 2. It was, well... incredible! To quote that kid from the first movie, THAT WAS TOTALLY WICKED!!

Hayley B likes this.
  4. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

I think I stated this on another thread (or not), but I'm waiting till it comes on home media.

I'm not elliptic, but I cannot stand flashing lights in a dark room. Not only that, but parents who bring their little kids to the movies where you know they won't shut up.

5. Pig's Laundry

I understand the flashing lights thing, but it's hard to know what the kids in the audience will be like. I mean, i've seen like five Pixar movies in the theater and every time the kids were pretty well behaved.

6. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

Not in my experience.

7. Hayley B

Hayley B Well-Known Member

I just saw The Incredibles 2 today. It is fantastic. Made people in my theater clap. Including me.

8. ConsummateVs

So, does anyone else wanna see that upcoming Alpha (no, not Alpha and Omega) movie? I think it looks pretty good. I have a feeling it's gonna make me cry, though, LOL.

9. Pig's Laundry

I actually never heard of it until right now.

10. Pig's Laundry

Is it weird that I actually kind of want an animated Super Friends movie now?

11. Pig's Laundry

12. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

The whole things about TEEN TITANS! and TEEN TITANS GO! makes me think of how THE BOB NEWHART SHOW was the slightly more serious show and NEWHART was the far more absurd show, but NEWHART last longer than THE BOB NEWHART SHOW.

That's kind of what's going on here: TEEN TITANS! was the grittier and better-regarded show, and TEEN TITANS GO! is the sillier show, yet it's so far lasting longer than the original.

13. Pig's Laundry

Huh, hadn't really thought about it, but I guess TTG has been going longer then the original :grr:.

14. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Paramount Pictures has just announced today that they're working on a live-action DORA THE EXPLORER movie with Isabella Moner in the title role, and the reaction on social media is exactly as you would expect: "Why?" "Who asked for this?"

ConsummateVs likes this.
  15. mr3urious

Because preschool films have had such an excellent track record at the box office. :rolleyes:

16. ConsummateVs

*cough cough* Oogieloves *cough cough*.

mr3urious and D'Snowth like this.
  17. mr3urious

Also, I think this is a last-ditch effort for Nick Jr. to win back the crowd after that aged-up, more grounded-in-reality reboot Dora & Friends flopped tremendously. This is not the right way to go about it.

18. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

at the very least i can see dora being viable to be turned into a movie cause of the whole adventure aspect.

like. if you completely stripped away the computer point and click 'talking to the audience' thing, and make it an adventure movie like a dumbed down jumanji 2 it...could at least maybe work for young kids? that's not to say it would be any good though.

mr3urious and ConsummateVs like this.
  19. mr3urious

That fake interactivity bit is the part that should be the first to go if Paramount actually goes through with this. One of Elmo in Grouchland's biggest faults is attempting to make it like Elmo's World with encouraging the audience to participate, which just served to slow down the film and makes it feel even more juvenile. Ditto Oogieloves.

20. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

My parents are going to see the new Mission Impossible movie later on today.